What Popular WDW Thing Just Doesn't Do It For You?

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Ugh. I'm just glad I never have to go on it again.

Pin Trading (I thought some of the pins were cute, but if I buy one, I'm keeping it, and what am I going to do with it anyway?)

In general, we had a lovely vacation and we can't wait to go back....in 2 years. I was ready to go home by the end of the week, and it won't hurt my feelings at all to skip a year in between visits. We'll save up, stay at a nicer resort, and probably be ready to leave by the end of the week then too. I just don't do crowds well. Or other people in general. And as it turns out, there are LOTS of other people at Disney. :rolleyes: I wouldn't want to go back every year, and definately not multiple times in a year. I'd be in a stress coma.:scared:

I can honestly say I did like all the parks in WDW for different reasons but my least favorite was Epcot. I loved the World Showcase in Epcot, but other than WS there wasn't much else that made me want to stay there. I didn't like Mission Space or Soarin. Innovations wasn't all that great. Honestly, I had more fun at the Nemo attraction after getting inside and being able to get as close to the dolphins as I did and watching the divers feed the fish tank. I will always go back to Epcot for WS, but as for the other side of the park I barely spent a couple hours before feeling bored.
Oh and I agree with another poster about the stroller nazi's! I cannot count how many of those double wide plastic tubs on wheels clipped my heels or caused me to jump out of the way, makes me often wonder if that's how they drive a car:scared1: Please don't roast me for my thoughts:upsidedow

DHS - I just don't get the layout, I'm always getting confused and struggling to find my way around, even with maps. And I am normally VERY good with directions, but DHS just drives me NUTS!!! Plus, most of the attractions don't do it for me at all.

Boma - I thought it would be an incredible meal ("to die for") and really, found the food quite disgusting. Even the zebra domes were WAY overrated.

Dole Whips - I love vanilla ice cream and I love pineapple, so I'm still not sure why I didn't "ooh & ahh" over it. But again, I think it was because of all the hype. I plan on trying one again this year to see if I still feel the same way.

Just a side note, as I do not want to cause a stroller debate (I've seen it happen, it can get ugly). I'll never take one again. It was parked most of the time, and in my effort NOT to clip anyone's heels (and I didn't, not even once :thumbsup2 ) I spent a lot of time not being able to move because people kept walking in front of me. I even had one guy JUMP OVER my stroller:eek: . I. Wanted. To. Punch. Him. Never again. I'd rather carry her.

Oh yeah! Boma for us too. We had breakfast there, but we found Animal Kingdom Lodge dark, close, and generally not as enchanting as the other resorts we saw. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about either. I'm still vaguely curious about dinner though.

Just a side note, as I do not want to cause a stroller debate (I've seen it happen, it can get ugly). I'll never take one again. It was parked most of the time, and in my effort NOT to clip anyone's heels (and I didn't, not even once :thumbsup2 ) I spent a lot of time not being able to move because people kept walking in front of me. I even had one guy JUMP OVER my stroller:eek: . I. Wanted. To. Punch. Him. Never again. I'd rather carry her.

Oh yeah! Boma for us too. We had breakfast there, but we found Animal Kingdom Lodge dark, close, and generally not as enchanting as the other resorts we saw. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about either. I'm still vaguely curious about dinner though.

lol I didn't want to say anything because I have seen how heated the debates can be, while certain stroller wielders can be nutso I really think it also has alot to do with the size of the tubs they rent out...lol that's what I started calling them. it's almost like a large completely solid wagon on wheels and I can't imagine it would be easy to navigate through crowds. I'm sorry ppl were rude to you and I would want to punch that guy too!

We ate dinner at Boma and is was bleh!!! I've heard that their breakfast is much better...scary, huh?

I agree about Stitches Escape...it's awful. We did it for the first time 2 years ago and even the kids didn't care for it. Definitely could do something better and different with that space. :goodvibes

Waiting in line for autographs, I would rather do characters at a meal then its done. Even my kids feel the same they didn't want to stand inline they just wanted to run and find something else they could go on. Even if they had to wait to ride, I don't tget this myself I don't know why I feel like this as I want to cry every time I meet Mickey.

DHS - I just don't get the layout, I'm always getting confused and struggling to find my way around, even with maps. And I am normally VERY good with directions, but DHS just drives me NUTS!!! Plus, most of the attractions don't do it for me at all.

Thank you for pointing this out! I've always been a bit harsh on Hollywood/MGM/Whatever, but this very salient fact never dawned on me.

It IS horrendously laid out. When you think of the other parks--the "hubs" of MK and AK, and the figure 8 of EPCOT--Hollywood/MGM is just a pintless labyrinth. That HAS been bugging me.

I'm not really sure strollers count as a "popular" part of the Disney experience. They're more in the necessity/utility category.

This IS a neat thread! You wouldn't usually find people talking about dislikes with such gusto... fabulous!
Reading what people have been mentioning here, I was actually taking nots so I would remember what everyone was thinking. :cutie: so here we go...

My biggest "What were they thinking?" has to be DisneyQuest. Expensive and all VR. Don't get it.

As for some of the others I saw commented upon:
- Tom Sawyer Island: Waste of time and space. Many better things to see and do at the MK.
- Lights, Motors, Action: I will only go to see this again if I want another 2nd degree sunburn. The lack of earplugs and shade really ruined this one for my family and I. (Really a problem as my son LOVES cars of all types)
- Boma: Unless you really enjoy African Fusion cooking, I would never ever bother with this one again. My whole family thought it was awful. Fatty, bone-filled meats, mango chutney as far as the eye could see and way too much "sweet added to savoury" cooking. Blech. :sad2: The only redeeming factor at Boma was the chocolate mousse (with alcohol in it):rolleyes1 , the zebra domes (although they are over-hyped, and the mini phyllo custard/strawberry tartlets.
- Pins: I am a pin collecter, but stumbled on it very differently. Bought my first pins at the "start" of pin trading, the millenium celebration. Each pin as the 2000 logo on the back. Back then it was fun, people all had awesome pins, not the garbage you see in the parks today, and things WERE fun. Not so much any more. With the number of people out to scam others out of large amounts of pins they have become less "Collectors" and more "Pin-Sharks". As for what I do with them, I actually wear mine at work. It is a bit of a dressy place, so I like to show off my different pins on my lapel or whatever I happen to be wearing that day.
- Epcot's one and only parade: Tapestry of Nations. Miss it. A lot.

My only other "complaint" is the whole "dressing up like a princess" thing. Not the fantasy of being a princess, but the "gowns" themselves. Little people wearing revealing clothing is not attractive nor "really" Disney. I would have thought that Disney would have put more thought into the clothing that these little girls all want to wear. (Especially in the case of the "Jasmine" getup). Just my 2 cents.

Hope to keep reading on!

I don't like Stitch Escape at MK in Tomorrowland. Forever, I also have to say that while I like AK I find that it's easy to get confused in because there is no major "landmark" that you can see from anywhere in the park.

I'm not into the pins, either. Stitch's Escape is a mess, too. Also - Backlot Tour never did it for me. But other than that, I pretty much love everything else.

I don't understand the "Tomorrowland Indy Speedway". Why wait in line for this. It has no story, it's slow, it's been downsized, it doesn't fit in the Tomorrowland theme... I don't get it?!?:confused3

I don't understand the "Tomorrowland Indy Speedway". Why wait in line for this. It has no story, it's slow, it's been downsized, it doesn't fit in the Tomorrowland theme... I don't get it?!?:confused3

Oh yeah... I forgot about this one. As an adult, I think it's a complete waste of space.

When I was 8.............. I was fighting to get behind the wheel.

I don't get the Pins either. I have a couple from when we went 5 years ago. They're on a bag I SOMETIMES use. Other than that...I can't think of anythingn off hand that I don't get/don't like.

What a great idea!!

Things that I don't get:

1) Pin Trading

2) Why all of the rudest people in the world seem to be at WDW when we are there...:confused3

3) That no matter which resort I stay at it seems as though it is always the last stop in the bus terminal. Seriously folks, are you messing with me?

4) Why WDW thinks that it is ok to feed my kid chicken nuggets/hot dogs/ mac and cheese for an entire vacation as part of the kids meal plan.

5) That you MUST decide your ADR's 6 months before your vacation in order to eat at any of the better establishments.

However, having said all of that I keep going back for more. :rotfl:

I like collecting pins, but I don't want to trade. I have having to tell little kids no when they want to trade pins. I mean, c'mon. I already feel pathetic enough for being a 26yo guy who collects pins.

table service meals.

I honestly don't think I've EVER done one.
I can see why people do. But DH and I don't have kids so the characters aren't a huge draw for us and our trips are never long enough that we're willing to take 1-2 hours of perfectly good park time to eat. Plus...we're easy to please and are probably more happy with the qs food offerings anyway.

I also don't get kilamanjaro safari. or most of DAK for that matter...
just not a big fan. I'm going to try to go into it on the next trip with a more open mind, but my first trip there I was just miserable.
and my second trip was a quick in and out w/ only rides on everest and dinosaur. (I think we were in and out in under an hour)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter