What resort would you "show off" to your parents?

I highly recommend AKV savannah view. It definitely has the wow factor, but in a more unique way than the other DVC properties. Where else will you see animals roaming outside your balcony? The expansive lobby area is a sight to see as you enter, especially for first-timers. You’re also in a prime spot when it comes to dining options. If you want to treat them to a special dinner, you can’t go wrong with Jiko and they have an extensive wine list if you care to imbibe. The buffet at Boma offers unique food options as well as more familiar items during both breakfast and dinner. Bread service and the butter chicken at Sanaa is amazing and offers views of the savannah.

Don‘t get me wrong, the other resorts are lovely, but again, AKV offers an experience you can’t get elsewhere.

We took my father in law with us last June and picked a one bedroom at Bay Lake Tower specifically for the extra bathroom, but it ended up having a great WOW factor for him as well - the monorail, the view of the Magic Kingdom, and, most importantly, easy access to Top of the World Lounge were all super impressive and enjoyable to him. I felt like it gave him the quintessential Disney experience without having anything shoved in his face.

Also. Having stayed at Riviera during Cast Member previews, I would also recommend that, unless you want the extra bathroom. It is SUPER impressive and gorgeous.

Looks like you decided on BLT 1st and AKV 2nd. Good choices and while AKV sucks for transportation the resort itself is really nice (I would budget for Uber/Lyft the whole trip personally).

Boardwalk, especially if they like to walk
+1

Or like to eat as you have all of Epcot at your fingertips.

I dont think we will be picking a hotel based on proximity to a park

How late do they normally stay up? Have a resort close to the parks or with a park view could help them see fireworks?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but for the OP, I thought I should mention that pretty much everywhere I have ever looked has considered Capt Cook's to be in the top 3 quick service restaurants on property. Tonga Toast 😋

While I think Capt Cook's is okay but does have a great Nacho option. I will say many of those same sources put Mara at the top when in reality it barely passes for hospital cafeteria food for many options and its even worse in my mind since AK has such great QS options instead.

I wouldn't book a one bedroom. Get a two bedroom. If you have multiple adults - get enough bedrooms for every adult couple. And my preference would be an Epcot resort. I don't know what age your parents are, but my experience with guests - and with being "children old enough to own DVC age myself" is that placing your bets on spending a lot of time in Epcot isn't wrong.

Took my mother along to a split-stay at CCV and BCV in 2BRs.

She loved CCV. It's new, she liked the styling, the balcony was huge.

It's part of the main building.

The boat to/from MK and a trip to Hoop De Doo at Fort Wilderness were also helpful.

I highly recommend AKV savannah view. It definitely has the wow factor, but in a more unique way than the other DVC properties. Where else will you see animals roaming outside your balcony? The expansive lobby area is a sight to see as you enter, especially for first-timers. You’re also in a prime spot when it comes to dining options. If you want to treat them to a special dinner, you can’t go wrong with Jiko and they have an extensive wine list if you care to imbibe. The buffet at Boma offers unique food options as well as more familiar items during both breakfast and dinner. Bread service and the butter chicken at Sanaa is amazing and offers views of the savannah.

Don‘t get me wrong, the other resorts are lovely, but again, AKV offers an experience you can’t get elsewhere.
I totally agree. I'd vote Jambo as well for the reasons above. While it might be a bit removed, the commute time via bus is on par with other resorts and Jambo is a destination unto itself. The lobby, the extensive gift shop with novel merchandise, the cast members from Africa, the food, the lounge, and especially the savanna views are bound to impress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter