What restaurant was one and done for you?

Tony's... URGHHHHHHHH... even thinking about that experience makes my blood boil. Being there solo I was worried about being rushed... the only place that ever made me feel like that was Tony's. I ate at Ohana, Tusker House, Cali Grill, Chefs De France, Rose and Crown, Whispering Canyon... so many places and no where made me feel the way Tony's made me feel. I know Ohana get a rep for this but they were incredible to me. The characters spent longer with me by myself than most other people and they went out their way to make me feel welcome, as did every other restaurant. Not Tony's though! The food was just about average, my waiter physically sighed at me when I asked for a second drink and was downright rude all together, and I just felt like a burden to them. Never again as long as I breathe.

Not Tony's though! The food was just about average,
Consider yourself lucky the food rose to the occasion. The fact that Disney is unable to run a simple italian restaurant and prepare the most basic italian-style foods with any sort of consistency is mind boggling. But, Tony's proves it's possible for the world's most popular theme park to fail at even the most basic dining experience. (Really, they should just bring in Darden to run it with some Olive Garden items. They already have Landry's operating some locations, so why not?)

Consider yourself lucky the food rose to the occasion. The fact that Disney is unable to run a simple italian restaurant and prepare the most basic italian-style foods with any sort of consistency is mind boggling. But, Tony's proves it's possible for the world's most popular theme park to fail at even the most basic dining experience. (Really, they should just bring in Darden to run it with some Olive Garden items. They already have Landry's operating some locations, so why not?)

It really didn't to be honest, it was average at best and with other restaurant I remember each of the 3 courses I had, all I remember about Tony's is I had some kind of pasta and red sauce for my main and it was just about average. I am so gutted that I wasted my time there when there are so many better Italian restaurants on property as I love italian food.
I agree with you it would make a lot of sense. I get that the idea of the Lady and the Tramp theme is cute, but it's not even themed inside very well... it could be so much better.

Ohana...unpleasant food. Chaotic atmosphere.

Wine Bar George...just added this one as of last week. SO expensive for mediocre food (and that included the Iberico pork. So meh). I have no problem paying a butt ton for food, but it better be amazing for that butt ton. Plus our server was beyond slow.

Olivia's...I don't get the adoration of their fried chicken. Homecomin is a bazillion times better.

Chef Mickey's...chaos!

Satu'Li Canteen...another chaotic, dirty restaurant. And the bowls weren't anything special (rice shouldn't be crunchy).

Last edited:
Hollywood and Vine just awful buffet food not worth the price.
Le Cellie used to be good. Now hit and miss and very expensive.
Monaco just has no interest or flavors that excite.
Chefs de France was just blah food. Very loud in restaurant.
Crystal Palace just ordinary buffet food. Paying for characters.
Tony’s is worse than Olive Garden.
T Rex my kids love but food is mediocre chain restaurant.
Paddlefish is expensive and just meh. Nothing special and too costly for what you get.

I always think “this is industrial food” any time we have eaten in park at WDW. We are not food snobs in the least. A good hamburger and fries or good BBQ would be fine. Other venues that feed the multitudes have decent food by contracting out food service to decent providers but Disney, to squeeze out every nickel, keeps it all in house. They get away with it so entirely reasonable for them to do so.

Id say flame tree as well. The ribs were cold and really dry. Big portions but poor quality

Any QS from HS. Backlot, Rosies and Dockside were all terrible. None of the HS TS restaurants appeal to us either. When we go next week we made an ADR for Beaches & Cream. I feel like I’m done dining at that park all together.

Any QS from HS. Backlot, Rosies and Dockside were all terrible. None of the HS TS restaurants appeal to us either. When we go next week we made an ADR for Beaches & Cream. I feel like I’m done dining at that park all together.

Have you tried the food in Galaxy's Edge yet? It's much better than the other QS in the park.

Chef Mickey's - it used to be a family favorite on arrival day. I just can't anymore. Last experience was very underwhelming for the price.
Coral Reef- c/mon , its Florida! They should be able to do much better at seafood than this!
Sci Fi- My only experience we had the worst service and I did not care for my food. I am willing to give it another try one day.

Chef Mickey's - it used to be a family favorite on arrival day. I just can't anymore. Last experience was very underwhelming for the price.
Coral Reef- c/mon , its Florida! They should be able to do much better at seafood than this!
Sci Fi- My only experience we had the worst service and I did not care for my food. I am willing to give it another try one day.
I agree with Coral Reef. It's Florida. Anyone can do better.

As far as sci fi goes...get the strip steak with whatever kind of butter they are doing at the time. I have had both blue cheese butter and garlic butter and OMG for a non-signature table service I was really impressed. And it weathers the time test well as I have had it 3-4 times over the last 3 years and it has always been good. Again, this isn't bull and bear, yachtsman, shula's etc. but for what it is I really enjoyed it. Plate went back clean...maybe two tiny pieces of fat.

Be Our Guest. Too loud for adults that want to relax and have a drink and eat.

That is what I didn't like about Be Our Guest. We were in the Rose Room and the lighting was horrible, to the point of the waitress pulling out a flashlight.

I do enjoy the food, but the lunch is better than the dinner. When I was in the Rose Room, a tiny bit of grey stuff was in my potatoes. I suspect that someone touched one order then mine. I almost gagged and gave my plate the once over with my phone's flashlight. I'll do lunch there, but never the dinner again.

Liberty tree tavern and anywhere in Hollywood studios except for brown derby.
I agree! I said LTT earlier and I think DHS is a wasteland of food choices. All of TS and CS restaurants are terrible with the exception of the Brown Derby.

Edited: I forgot all about GE at DHS! The food there is actually very good.

That is what I didn't like about Be Our Guest. We were in the Rose Room and the lighting was horrible, to the point of the waitress pulling out a flashlight.

I do enjoy the food, but the lunch is better than the dinner. When I was in the Rose Room, a tiny bit of grey stuff was in my potatoes. I suspect that someone touched one order then mine. I almost gagged and gave my plate the once over with my phone's flashlight. I'll do lunch there, but never the dinner again.
FYI, lunch is now the same as dinner :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter