What should we do the day the ship returns- flight doesn't leave til 5:30

1KellyDB

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 5- hubby and I along with our 12 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old. We will have a rental car. We are not familiar with the area at all so any ideas are welcomed. Thank you!

Where do you fly out of? If Orlando, I would drive to Orlando and spend some time at Downtown Disney. Lots to see -- shops, restaurants, etc.

Not sure where you fly out of, though, or where you need to return your rental car...

Duh! Guess I should have stated where we are flying out of. MCO which is Orlando right? And we are returning the car at the airport. Thanks for the suggestion!

We spent a great afternoon at Downtown Disney after disembarking. We shopped, had an early lunch (no waiting for a table) at Rainforest Cafe, then had ice cream (YUM!) at Giardelli's and bought lots of chocolate there to take home too :D

You can also check out some of the Disney resorts and have lunch there too. Y&B club and Boardwalk are great.

Hi 1KellyDB.

What should we do the day the ship returns- flight doesn't leave til 5:30 We are a family of 5- hubby and I along with our 12 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old. We will have a rental car.

Near Downtown Disney is The Crossroads - an outdoor shopping center. There are several enjoyable/relaxing restaurants to choose from including a Red Lobster. Much more reasonably priced than what's available in the Downtown Disney area. Also, at the far end is Pirates Cove Miniature Golf. Two beautifully landscaped courses well-suited for a family to spend some time together.

We had a great time at the Kennedy Space Center. Our kids are a little bit older 7, 11 and 13. We took the tour, saw the space shuttle and watched the IMAX movies. We could only stay until noon (we had a 3:00 flight) but our kids could have spent several more hours and not been bored. It was really incredible.

You could even visit one of the theme parks. The closest to the airport is probably SeaWorld, if you're worried about getting lost or something.

However, the rental car place should be able to give you maps of the area, and honestly it's not too hard to get around, so any of the Orlando parks is within reason.

Originally posted by MarkRG
You could even visit one of the theme parks. The closest to the airport is probably SeaWorld, if you're worried about getting lost or something.

However, the rental car place should be able to give you maps of the area, and honestly it's not too hard to get around, so any of the Orlando parks is within reason.

Thank you for all of the replies! I was wondering if we would have time to do Sea World. There wouldn't be any cost involved for us other than food and shopping because military is free right now! I think we will go to Sea World! Thanks again!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter