What should we do?

ChillyWilleys

<font color=blue>My mother is a finger licking cak
Just got back from our first trip as Vacation Club members at SSR. We were even happier with the resort than we had hoped! We're trying to decide now for next year, we want to do 2 weeks. Should we stay there the whole time or go to the Boarwalk if available, or shoot for half and half?

We've owned at Old Key West since 1992 but we've stayed at all of the resorts just see which we like best (it's Old Key West for us). I really don't think there's a way to tell whether you'll like a resort without staying there. Switching resorts mid-stay is not our thing but a lot of people do it.
John

Since you asked, I'd say your best option is to transfer next year's points to me. You'll LOVE it!!!!!

When we go to WDW on a longer trip, we generally do split-stays. The duration at each resort is long enough so that the move isn't a big deal, plus it gives us the feeling that we're taking 2 vacations, not one. We try to book 2 very differently themed resorts (e.g. BWV & AKV, OKW & VWL, etc). Of course, that's when there are just the two of us, and we're going for at least 10 days. If family/friends are with us, we tend to stay put (but those trips are usually shorter anyway).

It depends a lot on whether you view changing resorts as a hassle or an adventure. :goodvibes

Just got back from our first trip as Vacation Club members at SSR. We were even happier with the resort than we had hoped! We're trying to decide now for next year, we want to do 2 weeks. Should we stay there the whole time or go to the Boarwalk if available, or shoot for half and half?
For 2 weeks I'd split stays between 2 resorts. The best choice or resorts depends on your personal preferences and the make up of the group. Certainly an Epcot option is a nice change from SSR/OKW. One note is that if you do 12 days instead of 14 you can save a fair amount of points.

For 2 weeks I'd split stays between 2 resorts. The best choice or resorts depends on your personal preferences and the make up of the group. Certainly an Epcot option is a nice change from SSR/OKW. One note is that if you do 12 days instead of 14 you can save a fair amount of points.

Ditto. Given your length of stay, I don't think moving will be a negative. In fact, we often move in the middle just because it makes it feel like our vacation is starting all over again!:thumbsup2

Also, since you are new to DVC, it is natural to want to experience all the resorts. Once you have done that, you can settle into "home" for a long, leisurely stay! :goodvibes

I would also do a split stay for 2 weeks. That's a pretty subststantial vacation and you will probably be excited to switch resorts and have a little change of scenery to look forward too. Have a great time!!

Just a suggestion but I would split the two weeks plus spend Fri and Sat of site an inexpensive hotel. Plenty of them around that are fairly nice and you don't get clobbered with the weekend points. Yes I'm CHEAP :lmao:

We split stays often and love it. For that length vacation, I'd definitely try two resorts. It's fun to try them all, for each of them has something special to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter