What sounds do you commonly hear coming from outside your home?

Around 9pm every night, we hear a military helicopter fly over our house. We figure we are on a training course. I don’t ususally get the going to the base run.
We live in the middle of no where.

Once in a while we can hear a train whistle-it’s around 10 miles away.
Coyotes howling. Cicadas.

6 months of regular jack hammering at 6:15 am and tile cutting at that same ungodly hour from my crazy Nosy Neighbor next door. She's practically building the Taj Mahal outside in her backyard.

Otherwise, it's road noise and birds.

I'm happy to report that the Taj Mahal construction is finally over. So now it's just road noise, birds, and an occasional dog barking. And the sound of my fountain in the backyard, which is lovely by the way!

dogs, cats, kids playing, either gun fire or fire crackers, I cant distinguish, and plains, trains and automobiles , also Helicoptors, the path to land on top of the hospitol flies right over my hous when they are decending, that happen much more often then you would think
We usually play the annual 4th of July version of was that fireworks or gunshots 😔. But it’s in the distance. We know the area it’s coming from usually.
Other sounds:
Birds, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, dogs barking, cars in the distance, & sirens.

Mostly birds and bugs, the occasional car. One of the things we liked most about the house when we bought it was the quiet.

Not much when the windows are closed. We live at the end of a private dirt road. With the windows open: ducks, birds and other wildlife, some boat & jet ski noise (we live on a lake), but now much as most of the boats are pontoon or little fishing boats, and sometime some fireworks/people noise.

It's really pretty quiet.

Train horn and railcars on the tracks a few times a day
Slight hum of traffic on the freeway
Traffic on our road
Birds twerping
Dogs barking
Our neighbor's car needs a new belt (I think) so we now hear a screeching sound when he pulls out of his driveway.

Right now I hear crickets and the wind in the trees. Usually I hear my neighbours , because they are yellers and there’s like a thousand of them living in that house and they just yell and yell and yell . They are actually nice people but man they are SO LOUD .
I can actually hear your post as spoken by your Piglet user icon, who's filing a complaint about Pooh and the gang.

Around 9pm every night, we hear a military helicopter fly over our house. We figure we are on a training course. I don’t ususally get the going to the base run.
We live in the middle of no where.

Once in a while we can hear a train whistle-it’s around 10 miles away.
Coyotes howling. Cicadas.
sounds like Yuma Arizona in my backyard, though train is only few miles away and we live in a 150 street subdivision. What is missing from our daily sounds are the rats that fly around in the sky, desert doves that land, poop, tear apart feeders and the squawk all day, it is not a pleasant sound, no cooing here, more like shouting and yelling and screaming, each claiming territory and breeding rights. did i mention their thudding into our tin roof porches when flying away from more aggressive doves. Why are the sounds missing, they are such a nuisance and overcrowded population, that Y:uma is one of the centeral areas of hunting season for doves.

I live on the very outskirts of town. Most prevalent sound I hear is gun shots. Makes me very jealous. I'm in a mobile park and have to join a club.

We live in the flight path for Wright Patt AFB, so we hear lots of planes different times of the week. There's a highway a mile East and we live a couple houses from a moderately busy road, but it's relatively quiet here. Also have trains whistling every once in a while. 😂

At least once or twice a week we hear someone driving down our street with the bass on their car radio turned up really loud. We always wonder-if we can hear it, what's it doing to the ears of the person/people in the car?
Besides that, in the early morning we hear the ducks, cormorants, and kingfishers in the creek in back of our house, the chachalacas, wild parrots, and grackles.

Not a whole lot really since we got our new windows. Mowers if they are on either side of us, garbage truck if he is in compacting mode.

Farm machinery, tractors hauling cow manure, occasional barking dogs, birds, wind and wind chimes.

Birds, rooster crowing, planes flying low (we're near the airport), and trucks on the interstate (we're near that too)

Our back yard is at the edge of the subdivision, so it runs parallel to the closest thing to a main road, and our living room is at that end of the house, and every day we hear at least one car drive by with the booming bass.

So I was trying to figure out what "Birds Twerping" means, since it is in this thread a few times....

For the love of all things - do not search for "twerping" in the Urban Dictionary.... :eek: :crazy2:

So I was trying to figure out what "Birds Twerping" means, since it is in this thread a few times....

For the love of all things - do not search for "twerping" in the Urban Dictionary.... :eek: :crazy2:

I think they meant chirping. I guess it's a good thing I went to dictionary.com to try to look it up instead of just googling. 😄

Right now I have been listening to truck back up beeping all day. I figure the truck must have backed up to New York State by now. They are finishing up a house behind us but the constant beeping is making me crazy. I can usually hear birds, dogs barking, and kids yelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter