What storytellers/Santas are a must

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
We will only have one day for the World Showcase in December. We do plan on getting there right when it opens at 11:00 but we figure we will have to leave around 4:30 for a PS at 5:30 at the Garden Grill.

Anyway, first off is it possible to see all of World Showcase from 11:00-4:30, including the boat ride in Norway & Mexico & see all the storytellers/Santas? We really won't be doing major shopping, maybe just looking & trying some food in each (or most of the countries ;) ) I also think we will skip most of the movies.

If we can't see all the storytellers, what storytellers are the MUST sees? We will for sure be making it to Mexico & Norway for their rides & I really do want to see Norway's Santa.
How are the other countries though, like China, Japan, Italy, etc?

Btw--if the date matters will plan on being in Epcot for Dec 13th, which is a Saturday. How will the crowds be then? I know normally Magic Kingdom is busier on Saturdays but how is Epcot?

Thanks!

I don't know about the santas, but the african storytellers in the outpost are fantastic. There is a ma and a woman and they tell very interesting african stories with drum music and they sing as well. They are so worth seeing.

I remember being impressed with the France Santa.

the santa's/stoty tellers are great ....but they are on a schedule so you may not be able to see/hear them all.

you may want to plan your rides around those schedules and maximize your time

we loved norway...great story

My favorite storytellers are China, Italy and Japan. I really don't think that you will have a chance of seeing all of them in one day. It took me two full days, and I still missed one.

we were there in November a few years back and the storytellers seemed to be on a schedule, I believe we saw them all. We started at one country and followed all the way around and just happened to catch every one. However we did not stop for the rides as DD was only 2 and we had been on them before. If a remember correctly there was a separate activity/show schedule we got when we went to the parks that week. The only storyteller that still sticks in my mind as the one dressed in green I don't even remember which county he was in. It was very interesting though.

I skipped Santa of course because we can see the local one hereno problem. I think I may have skipped the Noraway one as well. I definetly want to catch Father Christmas, THe monkey king(china I think), La Bafemma(sp?), Saint Nicholas, and one other name escapes me. Since I have two days set aside specifically for Epcot hopefully I will be able to catch all of them but those 6 are on the top of my list.

Btw anyone know the name of the guy in the white outfit? I cannot for the life of me remember what storyteller he was or what country.

I believe the storytellers are timed so that you could start with the first time of the day in the first country (Mexico?) and follow around the World Showcase in order. I'm not sure how hard it is to keep up with the schedule, but you could give it a shot.

The Santa at the American pavillion is great. A very good picture op. We liked the storytellers from the UK and Canada.

probably see a number of them if your timing is right. A "must-see" (IMHO) is the German Santa. He has been a very soft spoken, entertaining Santa who's German accent reminded me of my grandfather's!

Good luck and enjoy!

Kapp:bounce:

Thanks everyone.
We would like to have more time in the World Showcase but this is only a 4 day trip :(

So you suggest starting in Mexico first? I wonder if we could hop on the boat ride in Mexico before the first storyteller starts?
I am thinking Mexico might be a good place to start since we will leave to eat at Garden Grill & then after we are done we can hit Canada & the other countries on that side as we make our way up to the candlelight processional. We have to be at the CP for the 8:15 show. If we are doing the package what time should we start standing in line for the CP?

Is Father Christmas the German "santa"? If so, I really want to see him too!!!

I guess we can just try & do what we can do :smooth:

We were there that same week last year. Here are the hours from the map.

Papa Noel (Canada): 11:15; 11:55; 12:50; 1:55; 3:30; 4:55; 5:40; 6:25

Father Christmas (UK): 12:10; 1:10; 2:15; 3:50; 5:10; 5:55; 6:50; 7:40

Pere Noel (France): 12:30; 1:20; 2:00; 3:35; 4:35; 5:35; 6:20; 7:20

Taarji (Morocco): 12:45; 1:35; 2:30; 3:25; 5:10;5:50; 6:40; 7:20

Daruma Vendor (Japan): 1:00; 1:55; 2:50; 3:55; 5:55; 6:40; 7:15; 8:10

Hanukkah (US): 11:55; 12:30; 1:30; 2:25; 4; 5:05; 5:55; 6:35
Santa Claus (US): 1:20; 2:10; 3:10; 4:10; 5:40; 6:55; 8:25

La Befana (Italy): 12:15; 1; 2; 3; 4:50; 5:50, 6:40; 7:25

St. Nicholas(Germany): 12:15; 1; 1:50; 2:50;4:30; 5:15; 5:50; 7

The Monkey King (China): 12:05; 1:10; 2:10; 3; 4:35; 5:10; 5:55; 6:55

Julenissen (NOrway): 12:15; 12:50; 1:35; 2:30; 4:05; 5;5:40; 6:30

Les Tres Reyes Magos (Mexico): 12:05; 12:55; 1:50; 12:40; 3:40; 5:10; 6; 6:40

Hope this helps--I wish I were going this year!!

I liked all the story tellers in Epcot, except for China. That Monkey King story and how he told it was so anoying that I deleted it off my video tape before going to the next country. If you have to skip any that would be my choice. I thought all the rest were teriffic.

Gina

we are going in the first week of Dec, DD ages 6 and 11; and I had NO idea there was culture SANTAS!!!! oh my gosh!!! thank you for posting this!!!:earseek: :teeth:

We loved the Monkey King in China; Father Christmas in UK; Pere Noel in France and I even danced with St. Nick in Germany! My son loved these guys and we have many pictures with them.
Connears

Originally posted by NCRedding
We were there that same week last year. Here are the hours from the map.

Hope this helps--I wish I were going this year!!

Oh my THANK YOU!!!! Yes, it is a big help, even if the times are exactly the same this year at least I will have some idea!!
Thank you again!! :goodvibes :wave2:

So if Santa is suppose to go all over the whole world in one night, why are all the Santa's different and why are there so many of them here??

Yep, what my DS would have asked me at 6.
At 11 we are, I am sad to say, pass that wonderful stage. We are looking so forward to seeing the Santa's in only 6 weeks.

My hope is that DS will indulge me a picture or two with the Santas

Jordans' mom

Here is a link to info about the storytellers:

http://www.wdwig.com/hol_epcstory.htm

I can't wait to see them with DD. I even put on her trip approval form for school that we planned to see them to learn about how holidays are celebrated in other countries.

Thanks for posting the times, NC!

Thanks for the listing of the times. That is a huge help in getting an idea of how to arrange to see them all. If the stories only take about 10-15 minutes, we might be able to see all of them. This is a huge "must do" in our itinerary. Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter