What time does first boat go from Wilderness Lodge to MK?

One hour prior to early entry.

The boat is much more relaxing and is almost exactly an 8-minute ride, so much nicer than the bus, although the bus ride is about 3 minutes quicker.

The boat arrives with its own security check and docks much closer to the tapstiles than the buses. I have found any time saved by the quicker bus ride is lost early in the morning with the walk from the bus depot to what can be a very long line going through the metal detectors.

There are two boats and they arrive every 15-20 minutes... just like the buses.

Last edited:
I found that the buses arrived more frequently and the ride was shorter. I might take the boat back to the hotel if I were tired and wanted a relaxing ride, but I always took the bus to get the the park.

One hour prior to early entry.

The boat is much more relaxing and is almost exactly an 8-minute ride, so much nicer than the bus, although the bus ride is about 3 minutes quicker.

The boat arrives with its own security check and docks much closer to the tapstiles than the buses. I have found any time saved by the quicker bus ride is lost early in the morning with the walk from the bus depot to what can be a very long line going through the metal detectors.

There are two boats and they arrive every 15-20 minutes... just like the buses.
Thank you for answering my question! If you take the first boat, do they still let you in to wander around Main Street early? Or do you have to wait outside of the tapstiles? Has been so long since we’ve been there.

As the day goes on we found the bus was very eratic. The board would have a listed time and then it would change several times then once it disappeared and said use boat. So if you go back later pay attention to how long you’re waiting. We stay at z Boulder so bus is way more convient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter