What time is it? Summertime.....it's our vacation.....Day 3

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
Monday 18 August - be warned it's long and there are lots of photos

We all woke up nice and early today. Yay - after our first night inside our Cabin. :yay: We sent a scout out to get breakfast from the ‘shack’ while the rest of us got ready and then we all set off for the HNY. We left all the drinks, spreads and baguette in the car and just took the croissants and brioches with us. We ate those as we strolled through the Village in the early morning sunlight. We had to remind ourselves that at home it was only 6.50 a.m. and here we were out and about in our t-shirts.

SSL14942Small.jpg

SSL14943Small.jpg

We were pleased to find that Buzz was working today so we went round for 2 goes. It was getting quite competitive by now, with lots of claims of ‘guns not working’. It was nice to go on while it was so empty which meant we didn’t share our XP41s. Otherwise there were allegations of certain people spinning round just as the other occupant was about to hit a high scoring target.

The Intrepid Three went for 2 goes on Space Mountain and then Son went on his first ever go on Orbitron. This is the first time he has been since EMH have been operating and the queues are just too long during normal Park hours. He was surprised how much more shaky than Dumbo or the Flying Carpets it seemed.

SSL14944Small.jpg

We had to have another go on Buzz then before walking back through Fantasyland where Husband and Dtr had their usual dance to the Italian music.

SSL14946Small.jpg

We had a ride on Pinocchio, a little sit in the morning sun

SSL14949Small.jpg

and lined up ready for POTC at rope-drop. The CM at the rope was a real star, singing lines from songs and trying to guess where we were all from by calling out “Bon Jour” followed by “Good Morning” then “Guten Tag” then “Buongiorno” ( I didn’t hear a “Bore da” so perhaps Welsh isn’t one of his languages!)
Next he pretended the rope was a tug of war rope and got some people to help him pull on it. Before long the people on the other side of the rope joined in so there was a real tug of war going on. It certainly passed the time until 10 o’clock.

After Pirates we went up to Indiana Jones for the brave in our party to ride several times in a row as there were hardly any queues. We went to Colonel Hathis for our meet with Ware Bears and family but then Dtr saw Peter Pan walk right past us on his way to Adventure Isle, so he told her to come along with him for a photo. She loved strolling through the Park with Peter Pan chatting to her, asking her where she was from “Oh, near London, that’s where my friend Wendy lives” etc.

SSL14951Small.jpg

Back at Colonel Hathis we had a chat and exchange of croc. I was dying to tell Elaine about our planned stay at the DLH, but as Dtr didn’t know at this stage I had to content myself with a lot of eye rolling and nods when Elaine asked when our next trip would be!

SSL14952Small.jpg

After saying goodbye to the Ware Bears clan (although I was to bump into them later in Frontierland shops) we left the Park and set off to Val d’Europe to stock up on some goodies at Auchan. I wish I could tell you what the shops are like but I can’t as I was more or less frogmarched past them all by the family. I have a bit of a reputation as a shopaholic :rolleyes1 and they are not interested, so they made sure I couldn’t get a good glimpse at things. There was a bit of a worry while queuing at the checkout as the sign said that non-French customers must provide ID if paying by credit card. We had no passports on us and our driving licenses are the old paper sort without a photo. So I was wondering if I would have to put some shopping back as I didn’t have many Euros on me. Fortunately Son had all his spendies on him and lent us some. Comes to something when you have borrow money off your children to buy a few scraps of food!

Anyway back at the Ranch, we had a bit of a relax and then went down to the swimming pool - what a great pool it is. I was surprised at how quiet it was at the time of day - the pool was more or less empty. I expected more people to avoid the Park in the middle of the day, but they certainly weren’t hanging out at the Ranch.

We drove back to HNY to get back to the Park in time for our meal at Walts at 5.30. It was a superb meal with a lovely waiter and we all left there in very high spirits.

SSL14958Small.jpg

SSL14964Small.jpg

We went for 2 trips round on POTC then went into FantasyLand for a ride on Casey Jr and Snow White. I thought the castle looked lovely in the evening sun.

SSL14975Small.jpg

We went in Phantom Manor and once again noticed how clearly you could see the groom hanging in the stretch room. This was never clear to me before this visit. My son was sharing my doom buggy and waited until a really dark bit of the ride to put his face very close to mine, just staring, saying nothing, so as we came into a lighter part of the ride, it made me jump! Horrid boy.

After this they all rode Indiana Jones - I queued up of course

SSL14976Small.jpg

..but there was no way I was riding. :scared: Then the others decided to go round a few times on BTM in the dark while I decided to go and get a better view of Fantillusion than I had the night before.

SSL14978Small.jpg

Again I loved the fact that it was gone 10 at night and was a lovely balmy evening with no need for jackets. Which was just as well as Dtr had left her jacket at Colonel Hathis earlier in the day and it was never seen again.

We all watched Candleabration and the Fireworks before heading back to the car and the Ranch. Another lovely lovely day in our special place.

Thank you. :goodvibes I'm off to watch Poirot now so more tomorrow.

Another great day, you certainly manage to fit a lot into your days:goodvibes

great trip report and pics ohh i wish i was there right now lol

Wonderful, really enjoying your report...

Can't wait to go back in Dedc but won't be as warm then:rotfl2:

It was really nice to meet up with you again :grouphug:

I have to say I did think while we were chatting you weren't quite as enthusiastic about your next trip as I'd have expected you to be ~ now I know what you were plotting I fully understand!! :rotfl:

I was BURSTING to tell you! Only another Disney fan can understand the excitement of a secret trip. :goodvibes (and I've just read about your secret :banana: )

Lovin' this tr and the pics - thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Now can I stretch this into another 10 mins to read the rest of your report :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter