What time is it? Summertime.....it's our vacation.....Day 6

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc

Thursday 21 August

Son decided he would have another lie-in today, while the rest of us grabbed our breakfast and headed off to park at Hotel New York. We started off with 2 rides on Peter Pan and then 3 goes on Buzz. The competition between us was quite fierce now - after just one go on Space Mountain we were back on Buzz again.

SSL15049Small.jpg

SSL15047Small.jpg

We noticed that this morning Snow White was open instead of Pinocchio so we went on, then sat in the sunshine in front of Dumbo, just enjoying the lovely weather, and doing a bit of people watching.

SSL15051Small.jpg

We went on POTC at rope drop and then had a very relaxed time looking round (or should it be up and down) the Cabane des Robinsons and investigating some of the caves in Skull Rock. We had done all we wanted at least once on this visit so now we felt we could take our time a bit and soak up the atmosphere.

SSL15058Small.jpg

SSL15057Small.jpg

SSL15056Small.jpg

SSL15065Small.jpg

SSL15053Small.jpg

We made our way back through the Village, doing a little shopping on the way. Back at the Ranch we had lunch and a little relax before Son and Dtr went down to the pool, while Husband drove off to Provins to have a look around. I stayed back at the cabin and just relaxed a bit more.
Husband enjoyed looking round the walled town and stopping to have a coffee there.

SSL15068Small.jpg

SSL15072Small.jpg

SSL15073Small.jpg

Meanwhile the children spent so long in the pool they got wrinkly. I walked down to the pool area to meet them and Husband picked us all up and we went back to the Cabin to get ready for our return to the Park.

Husband and Son investigated Skull Rock whilst Dtr and I were on a mission - we wanted to see Captain Jack. He was right on time and Dtr was second in the queue to see him. He signed the first book then spoke to Dtr while signing her book. When she asked for a photo he said he knew a better place to have a photo done and told her to follow him. Off they trooped with me and the rapidly growing crowd following. “I find people get out of your way when you have one of these” he told Dtr, brandishing his sword - the crowd certainly DID get out of his way and soon enough they were in front of the pirate ship where he posed for a photo. I know I have posted this picture before but it does bear a second viewing, I feel!

SSL15096.jpg

We met with the boys and made out way to the DLH. Dtr and I had eaten here in April but this was the first time Husband and Son had been inside. They were both very impressed with the lavish décor. Of course, at this time they knew and I knew that we had booked this for Halloween for Dtr’s birthday present, but she didn’t know and it was SO HARD not to say things like “ when we stay here in October….” That night was the closest I came to blurting out the secret but I’m glad I didn’t.

Anyway we had a wonderful wonderful meal and some great character intervention from Tigger, Gideon, Geppetto, TweedleDee, TweedleDum and Pluto. The waiters all seem so friendly as well.

SSL15104Small.jpg

After the meal we walked round through Fantasyland and Dtr was thrilled to see Lady Tremain and the Ugly Sisters. She got autographs of 2 of them

SSL15109Small.jpg

SSL15111Small.jpg

before they were called by the other one - the 2 sisters then stood on a bench and 'sang' the song they 'sing' in the film -'Sing Sweet Nightingale" - it was truly awful! I think she must have had a really good voice to be able to sing so badly, IYSWIM.

We went back to POTC next, then further into Adventureland to Indiana Jones. It was getting quite dark now, but was still pleasantly warm. We asked a CM to take a photo of the 4 of us - I think this is the only one we had, apart from the ride photo.

SSL15114Small.jpg

We went for a ride on Snow White and then into Frontierland to Phantom Manor, where Son spotted the light and shadow at the window which made him JUMP. :scared: The boys went off for a ride on BTM while Dtr and I went into the Emporium to do some shopping. I had to queue for so long to pay, that the chaps had finished their ride on BTM and were waiting at the meet place for us. We watched Fantillusion and then went to stand in front of the bandstand to watch the fireworks. I took a photo, which is not very good, but I just wanted to capture how busy Main Street was all the way back to the bandstand.

SSL15125Small.jpg

I think we couldn’t see so much of the fireworks back there, but the view of the Castle colour changes and the way the sky was lit up behind it was actually better from further back, I thought.

SSL15181Small.jpg

SSL15182Small.jpg

Anyway it was a spectacular end to our last night in the Park and we all loved it. Off we went to the car park to drive back to the Ranch for the last time, still singing our signature theme, of course. We had just one round of cards tonight as we knew we had to be up early for the pack-up.

Great update, I love the behind skull rock picture. Maybe I'll see you trying to get more night shots of main street in a few weeks time!!

Another great day. I am so jealous that you met Lady Tremine & her daughters, I would love to meet them! I also love your family photo - it's nice to get one all together.

love reading tour trip reports, very jealous of the picture of you and Captain Jack,:love: i've never manages to get one,but will keep trying:yay:

love reading tour trip reports, very jealous of the picture of you and Captain Jack,:love: i've never manages to get one,but will keep trying:yay:

I'm with Julie O! I :love: Captain Jack.

I must say you're looking very pleased with yourself - well, let's be honest - who wouldn't look smug :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter