What time should we get in line for Trader Sam's?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
If Trader Sam's opens at 4pm, what time should we show up to get in line? Is it more difficult to get seats at the bar than at a table for 4? TIA

Trader Sam’s is about the size of two institutional sized utility closets put together; wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it was originally. Pre pandemic, if you arrived about 15 to 30 minutes in advance, you’d get in. Never been but noticed the line starting when passing thru the lobby. I thought they had a virtual queue now though; I’d check with the lobby concierge or a CM working in one of the restaurants to be sure. Have fun!

ETA: Don’t forget there is also the outside tables if somehow you miss getting in. They have umbrellas and overlook the marina.

Not sure if they have changed their process.
In the past, you needed to be in line about 45 minutes before opening to get your name on the list. Then you could walk around, but be back about 10 minutes before opening. They would call your name to enter. If you weren't there, they would send a text, but then immediately call the next party. When you walk in, you find a spot, nobody is seating you.
It is loud, entertaining and just a lot of fun. So much to see inside.

Trader Sam's opens at 3pm, FYI. I would try to get there 45 minutes to an hour before opening. Seating is open, you take whatever is available when you go inside.
Not sure if they have changed their process.
In the past, you needed to be in line about 45 minutes before opening to get your name on the list. Then you could walk around, but be back about 10 minutes before opening. They would call your name to enter. If you weren't there, they would send a text, but then immediately call the next party. When you walk in, you find a spot, nobody is seating you.
It is loud, entertaining and just a lot of fun. So much to see inside.
I think you two are more accurate on the time to get there: 45 minutes.
I wonder if Oga’s was imagined with a similar set up to Trader Sam? Wouldn’t be surprised.

As of a week ago, they were starting to take names at 2:15 for a 3:00 return. Then at 3:00, the first ~50 (whatever their fire code capacity) were let in. Between the bar, the bar out in the middle, and all the tables and chairs, I counted somewhere between 40-50 seats. It was more than I remembered but after seeing it again, I’m nearly sure it’s the same seating arrangement as pre-covid. There are several configurations of tables but you’re still encouraged to share seating if a sit exactly your party size isn’t available. There’s no way I’m spending that amount on a drink and sitting outside unless I plan to stay long enough to have a second round inside (which I’ve done). Hope this helps.

Trader Sam’s is about the size of two institutional sized utility closets put together; wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it was originally. Pre pandemic, if you arrived about 15 to 30 minutes in advance, you’d get in. Never been but noticed the line starting when passing thru the lobby. I thought they had a virtual queue now though; I’d check with the lobby concierge or a CM working in one of the restaurants to be sure. Have fun!

ETA: Don’t forget there is also the outside tables if somehow you miss getting in. They have umbrellas and overlook the marina.
It was the arcade for the Poly. Yes, pretty tiny.

Arrived at Trader Sam’s today at 5:30. One hour wait. Full menu is available outside with plenty of seating though. Waterfall keeps the temp down and there is live thematically-appropriate music outside. Virtual waitlist as others have said is only accessible by speaking to the hostess in person. No glassware outside, but ambience and service are fine. You can order at the bar or at a table. Plastic cups = 😞 but it’s better than nothing!

Attachments

• BABB0DAE-8972-4734-9F17-D83B550EFC91.jpeg
    BABB0DAE-8972-4734-9F17-D83B550EFC91.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 60
  • B4469412-6D6D-4ECE-8F6E-F83D7647F691.jpeg
    B4469412-6D6D-4ECE-8F6E-F83D7647F691.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 59
  • E15A303F-D0CC-4CF7-BE27-FD26C1F8EE97.jpeg
    E15A303F-D0CC-4CF7-BE27-FD26C1F8EE97.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 27B3BF38-13F4-4409-B436-E85D6E7648FB.jpeg
    27B3BF38-13F4-4409-B436-E85D6E7648FB.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 9B6EF4CF-2EE7-4141-9040-F29AC00D4E28.jpeg
    9B6EF4CF-2EE7-4141-9040-F29AC00D4E28.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 54
I was there today at 3:00 and there was a massive line to get in. We sat outside and had a few drinks. Like the previous poster said, it’s served in plastic cups, but it got the job done.

When we went a while back we arrived an hour early. We were one of the first ones in. I highly recommend going inside at least once to get the full experience.

Two weeks ago, we were walking through the Poly around 6 pm and asked how long the wait would be to get in Trader Sam's. The CM said the wait would be at least 1:45 minutes. She allowed us to go inside just to take a few pictures.

What if i want to go into Trader Sams at 9pm? how far in advance would i need to put my name in?

Late August 2022. TS's opened at 3pm. DD and I got in line at about 2:30 and it was long, went down the hall from TS's, around the corner by Captain Cook.s, and just down to the bathrooms. By the time we made it to the front of the line to give them our names, the CM said I was looking at about a 4-5 hour wait. We left our names, but when we got our call-back, we were on our way to Topplino for drinks, dinner, and fireworks viewing!

Today is a very busy crowd-level-10 day. Arrived at Trader Sam’s at 1:40. They apparently opened the waitlist at 1:30. By 1:40, the list was so long that I was told not to expect to be called back until 4:30.

Never had any interest in Trader Sam’s but noticed that about an hour or so after opening it was pretty easy to get a seat. Hope that helps!

1-3 hours depending on time of year. It is a very popular place.. you really have to almost plan your evening around this acidity and just had out at the resort.

As with everything at Disney, there's no answer to that question.

It all depends on what time of year, what day of week, what the weather is, how many people are thirsty.

Asking what time to get in line for Trader Sam's is, is like asking how long a piece of rope is.

I've gone there and put my name on the list at 2:00, and I've gone there at 3:15 and walked right in.

Easter 2022 got there at 3pm put name on list. was told 45 min to hour. Went back 3:45 and was taken straight back. Same experience December 2019. Plan to do same Jan 2024…will advise if different…party of 2 so that may contribute to a shorter wait…

We were there Jan 2nd. Got in line around 2:30 pm when they opened at 3pm and were told it would be approximately 2.5 hours if we went on the wait list. We were there on a port day on a cruise and I really just wanted the blue mai tai tiki cup so we went to the patio instead and had drinks and a flatbread and I got my cup. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter