What time will we need to meet for BSM? And a few other ??s

PenguinWaiters

DIS Veteran
We are going on the Southern California/Backstage Magic ABD at the end of this month. Since we are coming from the east coast we are flying in on Saturday and the ABD begins Sunday. We would like to do a few things on our own Sunday morning/afternoon so I'm wondering what time we need to meet back at the hotel.

I was thinking of going to the El Capitan to see Inside Out as it is playing Sunday of that week but not Monday. Also thinking of going to the La Brea tar pits. We won't have a car - is it difficult to get a cab for four to get there and back?

Final question - what do most folks do on the "on your own" time on Monday? I was thinking that would be a good time to go to the Griffith Observatory but it's closed Mondays.

Thanks!

I think the welcome dinner was around 5pm.
We didn't use a taxi or Uber so I can't answer that question.
For the on your own time, we went to a movie at the Chinese Theater. It was an awesome experience. I don't think we got back from the Tam until later afternoon. I don't think I would plan any afternoon activities. It's more of a free evening. At least it was for us.

On our adults only trip in October, after getting back to the hotel we had a short break before an optional activity. We weren't done until around 5:00 on Monday with the extra surprise.

I was there in February on this trip. We also flew in the day before. On our own time on Sunday we hiked Runyon Canyon which is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We also toured the Chinese Theatre. We checked in with out guides around noon that day before getting lunch and heading to the Chinese Theatre. We had to be back at the hotel restaurant for 5pm.

We didn't really have any on our own time on the Monday. We did our tour of LA in the morning followed by Lunch at Tam O'Shanter. We then got a surprise visit to Walt's Train Barn in the afternoon. Our optional activities for the evening included an ice cream social at Ghiradelli's followed by a showing of Lady and the Tramp at the El Capitan. Not sure how much of our activities were affected by the fact that we were in LA during Oscar week which was also President's Day so we didn't do the Muppet Studios until Tuesday Morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter