What to do after parks close?

DizneeCM

Mouseketeer
We'll be a at RPR for one night after a week-long stay at Disney. We haven't been to US/IOA before. What should we do with our one evening? Where should we go to dinner? Should we just relax and swim or go to City Walk? We have two kids, ages 12 and 14.

The RPR pool is a nice place to spend the evening. Margaritaville is a fun place to eat...lively atmosphere, people on stilts making balloon hats, good food. I would also consider NBA City. Again, great atmosphere, good service and good food. There are some interactive games there too.

If I had just one night, I would probably eat at one of these restaurants, maybe walk around Citywalk, then if you aren't too tired and still have time head back to RPR for a swim.

I agree have a meal on citywalk and then rest and relax by the pool thats what we did :jester: or vice versa

DizneeCM,
I also agree. A meal at City Walk & some pool time is really nice. I highly recommend Margaritaville! We were at RPR for 6 nights and ate at Margaritaville 3 times! Yep, it was that good. :D

714atuf,
Not sure about PBH but I just got back from RPR on Saturday and the pool was open from 8am till 11pm.

We were pretty tired after doing the parks. Other than sit by the pool, we went to a movie at Citywalk - but, I almost fell asleep :sleep:

Shrek 2 is coming out the week before we go, I can't think of a better place to watch it!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I would just hang out by the pool and stroll over to nascar cafe or the Hard Rock for dinner and then back to relaxing at your resort.

tiggerguy2000 :rockband: :space:

As we will be staying at RPR for 4 nights, I wonder if there will be enough to do at Citywalk every night. The parks will close pretty early at the time of year we're visiting. Is it worth getting a cab to check out bars and restaurants on International Drive - I have a few Entertainment Book coupons I'd like to try out.

Dine, shop, swim, party! You will have so much to do. Have fun!

Originally posted by DizneeCM
We'll be a at RPR for one night after a week-long stay at Disney. We haven't been to US/IOA before. What should we do with our one evening? Where should we go to dinner? Should we just relax and swim or go to City Walk? We have two kids, ages 12 and 14.

Okay...this is what we did, and we had a blast.

Take the kids to a place in Citywalk called "Motown..." it's right next to Endangered Species (a great place for cool gifts) and has a great arcade and a small bar.

You can sit at the bar and have a few cocktails/appetizers while the kids play games...the bar is right at the entrance of the arcade so they couldn't get out w/o you knowing.

Even better...hook-up w/the kids, and play 'em in games of air hockey and foosball. My 11 year old showed me I wasn't as good as I thought I was in both!:teeth:

Take your pick for dinner...altho we didn't care much for Nascar Cafe (nacho's had that nasty watery cheese on it rather than the REAL stuff)...NBA, Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe...all good suggestions IMO.

Take a walk (or even a boat) over to the HRH, and try dinner at The Kitchen...great quality place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter