? What to do at WILD WORLD OF SPORTS

wedindis'00

Mouseketeer
Any one been there?

We never have and want to make this trip about the "never haves"

Any insight into what to do / see ?

we will be there 11/27-12/6

Hello WedinDis,

Unless you have a hankering to watch Men's soccer or Women's Fastpitch softball, there is no real reason to go to Wide World of Sports. (Both of those events will be going on during your stay.)

There is an All Star Cafe' there and a Disney sports themed gift shop. These are both accessible and free to every visitor.

The Wide World of Sports is a great complex! Very "Disneyfied" - great landscaping and attention to detail, etc. However, it is designed to be a venue for many different sports activities and it does attract a great crowd for those participating in the events. But, if you do not have a vested interest in the events there is no reason to go. With the exception of the following:

It is the spring training home of the Atlanta Braves.

The World Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers have held their summer camp at Wide World of Sports complex the past two summers.

And, it was home to the AA Orlando Rays minor league team! (the team is moving to Montgomery, Alabama next year.)

That being said - I love the complex. Went to several Rays games and to see the Bucs practice. But, none of that will be going on while you're there. So it is probably something you can skip.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info 1HOURAWAY

actually the softball interests be a little (high scool coach)
but not enough to warrant time away from the "kingdom"

do they have batting cages or interactive "games"
stuff like that?

My boys and DH went there a couple years ago to do the NFL experience. They enjoyed it. Now there is the sport experience (I forget what they call it) and it is included in admission. You can try to kick field goals, practice blocking, see how fast you pitch (I think), etc. You can call to see if they have it during your stay. It might be something fun depending on your children. I hear the restaurant is like ESPN, but less expensive. Admission isn't much and even if you have a plus feature on your hopper ticket, you may want to pay cash and save the plus for the water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter