What to do???? flying into Orange county

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
We are on a cruise in San Diego on Oct 9th and then spending 3 days at DL. SW just released flights and the SAN flights are high!!!:scared1: There is an alternative...We can fly into Orange County and the flights are $79 one way from STL!!!!:yay:

Is that an option??? I know that would be close when leaving Annaheim?? Right???:confused3

Now if we arrive at Orange County the day of the cruise at say 10:45 am-Would we make it too SAN ok? I map quested it and it says 1 hour and 30 min to San Diego? In the middle of the day would traffic be bad???? The price difference is just a huge between the 2 cities????:rolleyes1

Thanks for help..This is our first trip to the West coast.

Michelle

John Wayne is a reasonably small airport. You should be able to de-plane & get your bags in half an hour. Assuming that you are taking Super Shutttle or something like that down to San Diego, give yourself another 2 hours to get picked up & down to San Diego. If you were arriving in drive-time, you'd need more time -- but middle of the day should be OK.

Make sure you price the shuttle cost or car rental when you are comparing prices.

Thanks,
I talked to my TA which is my Aunt and I think we will go ahead and book the flight home from John Wayne since we will be in Anaheim after the cruise. I will just hold off and wait for a sale for San Diego on SW and fly directly there before the cruise.

I found a reasonable one way car rental. Pick up after our cruise in SAN and then drop off at SNA and then fly home from there.:banana:

One thing good about SW we can make changes and they don't ding ya...:cool1:

Still $79!! Can't beat that too fly home.

I am going for it.

Thanks again.
Michelle

You could look into flying in to SNA, then taking a cab to the Amtrak station in Irvine, which wouldn't be too far. Train fare to SD is pretty cheap. You just need to check schedules to be sure they have trains to get you there on time. The Amtrak station in SD is just a 2 block walk to the cruise ship terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter