What to do if 1st night is unavailable, but the rest are?

BK2014

DIS Veteran
When booking at exactly 11 months out, what would be the best way to proceed if the first night of our stay is unavailable for the type of villa that we want, by the remaining 4 are? Can I waitlist the first night, and then book nights 2-5? Or will I have wait to book nights 2-5 since they are technically outside the 11th month window until the next day? Thanks!

No, you cannot waitlist the first night. You'll have to try again the next day.

Edit to add: This only applies if the first night is exactly 11 months out.

Just to confirm wnielsen1's post: At 11 months, if the first night is not available, you cannot book any of the following nights. You can waitlist the entire stay you want or just that first night. You'll have to wait until the 11 month window opens for day 2 to try for nights 2-5 of your vacation. Unfortunately, you my run into the same problem when you try to book your second night. For popular times of the year and/or for the very limited booking categories (like value & concierge at AKV), this is not an uncommon occurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter