What to do????????

chip64

Mouseketeer
OK her goes. My family and I can get the Villas of the Wilderness Lodge for June 29-July 5th. We also can get the Wilderness Lodge Concierge for the same dates. Our total with a code for these dates for the WL Concierge will be a total of $ 1914.98 which includes tax. Our total with a code for a 1 bedroom villa at the Villas of the WL will be 2174.00. We have stayed at the WL proper but never in concierge and have never stayed in a 1 bdr. Villa which I understand in considerably much bigger then a room at the WL. What should we do? Any advice on who have stayed in either of these places with their opinions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Chip.

The one br villa will have a king in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. Will this bother anyone in your party or is this the way you want it?

The concierge room, most likely, will have 2 actual beds.

The villa will not be in the main lodge and the concierge room will be on the 7th floor of the lodge. You could end up walking about the same distance to eat, etc. from whatever you chose.

You get the extra food, etc. with the concierge level. You can cook a lot of your own food in the villa.

Are you traveling with young children?

You may have a chance at a better view with concierge-main courtyard, water pageant, etc. Is view important to you? You may get a more serene view in the villas or you could get a woods/dumpster view.

What are you leaning towards? Do you want to be pampered or have the extra space? If you can answer that question then you will have your decision.

Thanks Floridafam, I guess it's a toss up. Me personally, I could care less for the concierge even though my family and I have done a lot of resorts with this option. We do this for our kids which are 2 girls ages 12 and 14. The 1 bdr. villa sounds GREAT but my wife thinks the Concierge Level at the WL sounds just as good!!! LOL!!!!! What to do??? Hey thanks again, Chip.

This is just my opinion.

This is a tough one. Will they mind sleeping on a sofa bed. This may give them a little more privacy because they will be in a seperate room from you and they can watch tv, etc. without disturbing others.

I also think they would enjoy being on the concierge level at WL.

Will you take full advantage of the villa by making some meals, etc.? If not, I would consider concierge. You all can enjoy the offerings at the same time or at different times.

What pool do you think they will use the most?

Hello again Floridafam!!!! I honestly believe bit by bit you are starting to make our decision easier!!! LOL!!!!! 1st of all, we will probably not use any of the features of the Kitchen portion of the Lodge Villas. LOL!!! Of course being that, we are on vacation!!!! Now that I think about all of this, I think that our 2 girls including my wife would much prefer Concierge!!!! Hey thanks again!!! Chip.

Oops forgot, they seem to love Silver Creek Falls or whatever you call it at the WL. Have only seen the pool available for the WL Villa guests and that was when it was being built!! Thanks, Chip.

I think it's kind of cozy being in a standard size room with two practically teenagers (if you average their ages), so here's what I'd do....
Go concierge- and spend the extra $259 on
1. HoopdedoReview
2. Mouseboats (so you can race the teenagers)
3. and split the kitchen sink ice cream challenge at Beaches & Cream (I think that's where it's at)

You live in your own bedroom 346+ days a year, you're on vacation things are supposed to be different- and I don't care who you are those couch beds are horribly uncomfortable.
Good luck and enjoy!
Tara

hi: we're dvc owners at bwv and have stayed at the wl a few times as well.just my opinion-i'd go for the 1br villa. you'll have about 700 s/f of space with your own br. the refrigerator, cofee pot, and toaster are the only appliances we generally use. i still don't know why they put that white stove decoration in the units! i think my dil did use the stove about 3 years ago to heat water for tea though. it is amazing how much money we've saved over the years by having a fridge to put drinks and snacks in. also, we usually eat breakfast in the room and that saves a lot of money as well. we really like to relax during our vacation, and the villas just seem so much nicer than the regular rooms. you can sit around in your jammies and have your coffee,snacks, etc without having to leave your room. over the years, we've had at least 10 different people (couples included) who have slept on the queen-size,pull-out sofa without any complaints or problems. take a look at both rooms online and see what you think.

TAKE THE VILLA!!!!

You'll have a fully equipped kitchen, a TON more room, a washer and dryer in the room, a VCR int he living room, the list goes on.

Anne

I'd take the villa too. Separate bedrooms (hint hint) LOL :) full kitchen, laundry room, jacuzzi, more space, etc. :) All you're going to get with concierge is a few snacks and a small room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter