• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What TV shows started good but have become terrible?

My Name Is Earl: it stopped being funny when Earl went to prison.

How I Met Your Mother: Just kept dragging on and on and on and being worse and worse and worse. I was hate watching the last season just because I'd invested so much time in it. And then they came back with How I Met Your Father! Like I was going to trust them after dragging us through years of HIMYM decline.

(BTW, h/t to @Mysterian for that cook trick with spoilers!)
Awww. We never stopped liking Earl
Still mad at the cliff hanger they left us with

By the way, are they spoilers when the shows are off the air for years? Lol

Colony is another show that was good, but it never had an ending, I HATE when they do that. Just give us an end, wrap it up for us. This one had Josh Holloway who was in Lost.

V and Falling Skies were both series about alien invasion, but neither had an ending. So frustrating!

If I recall, Falling Skies had a legit ending. V (assuming you mean the 80's series) was just cancelled.

The West Wing. Totally started going down hill after Sorkin left. Really got bad when it started focusing on election to replace Bartlett with Jimmy Smits running against I don’t even remember maybe James Brolin. I didn’t even finish watching it.

The West Wing. Totally started going down hill after Sorkin left. Really got bad when it started focusing on election to replace Bartlett with Jimmy Smits running against I don’t even remember maybe James Brolin. I didn’t even finish watching it.
Smits was running against Alan Alda. Still one of my favorite shows, but the focus seemed gone once they started replacing/adding cast members.

Yeah, Season 2 was definitely not as good, but 3 got better and 4 has been great too. I mean, Season 2 wawsn't exactly bad either, except for that terrible episode where Elle goes to Chicago. What were they thinking.

I like shows that have been on so long that they've gotten bad, then good again, and even bad again and good again too, like SVU. One show I outright stopped watching was ER back in the day, when they chopped off that dude's arm with a helicopter blade. It was gratuitous and unnecessary, plus they had already killed off or gotten rid of all the classic characters. At that point they could only seem to maim or kill characters to create drama.

That was so stupid!:sad2: I also stopped watching after that. I finally went back and watched the entire series last month. I completely skipped that episode.

Designated Survivor. The first season it was on my must see list, but by the second season, I quit. The premise was good, but it was like they had different writers for the first season and their replacements didn’t have a clue.

I agree about the Goldbergs. I didn’t really love it from the start, but once the kids grew up and they were still acting like children, I was done.
If you think that was bad, you should see what happened to it when Netflix picked it up after network cancellation. Pitiful. :crazy2:

Riverdale. It got weirder and I stopped watching.
Stranger Things. I'll watch session 4 eventually, but not really feeling it.

Roseanne comes to mind for me. The finale did try to explain the dumpster fire, but still...

I never even got started on the Conners.

If I recall, Falling Skies had a legit ending. V (assuming you mean the 80's series) was just cancelled.

If Falling Skies had an ending, I guess I missed it. How did it end, did we win of did the aliens?

V cancelled = no ending.

If you think that was bad, you should see what happened to it when Netflix picked it up after network cancellation. Pitiful. :crazy2:

Yes, I have seen this listed on Netflix, does it start from season 1 of the original show? I wouldn't mind seeing the first few episodes, they were good. This should have been a movie, one and done...

Actually only started watching it this and was SHOCKED to learn that it had been renewed? Why? All the kids are in college, dad is pretty much MIA. Really? Just let it be done.

They are if the person reading it hasn't watched the show.
When a show is decades old it’s no longer a spoiler. Even if the reader hasn’t seen it. Something still on the site sure. But really I don’t care either way. It was mainly a joke because it isn’t a spoiler at this point

If Falling Skies had an ending, I guess I missed it. How did it end, did we win of did the aliens?

V cancelled = no ending.

Yes, I have seen this listed on Netflix, does it start from season 1 of the original show? I wouldn't mind seeing the first few episodes, they were good. This should have been a movie, one and done...

There were five seasons. In the end there was a big battle in Washington DC and Tom killed the queen. Humanity won and Tom was offered to be the new President of the world or something, but he turns it down.

Last edited:
NCIS and now all of the spinoffs in a different city. Even the original NCIS has turned over every main character multiple times. Like watching a totally different show when none of the originals are still part of the cast. Think they have also run out of story lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter