What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

WV representin’ here! Where there are NO confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our state as I type this.

WV is still awaiting test kits, that's why none confirmed. They do have people quarantined that test negative for flu, but can't test yet. I only know this because my cousin is a doctor at WVU. I read online that testing began in WV last week, but he says it's not the case. All my family and most of my friends live in WV, so I keep up.

Saltines. Except for the ones that had unsalted tops. :rotfl2:

I was going to add the same item! 8-) They had plenty of unsalted tops ones, so we were forced to buy those.

All potatoes EXCEPT for the red ones. Bulk bags of apples are another one, but there are plenty of loose ones if you’re willing to self-bag.

Funny enough since you all know I work toys we're out of several types of board games. I guess to entertain the kiddos but parents you gotta realize Candyland is terrible. You'll play one game with your kid and vow never again. Also I predict a rise in heated family arguments over the amount of copies of Monopoly we've sold.

People are still buying up regular stuff they shouldn't need. Hand sanitizer is gone but we're fully stocked on handsoap and it's stagnant. Vitamins are hit. I dunno why anyone eats Vitamin C drops, nasty stuff. Just go into the candy aisle and look for anything with ascorbic acid in it. That's literally Vitamin C and sour gummies taste better than chalky vitamin C drops. No tuna for the hubs as he wanted a can to make salad this week. Had to run to three places to get my chili ingredients (No ground pork in the butcher, they had no ground sirloin so I bought 95% sirloin burger patties and just broke them up. Same price) but I successfully made a big pot. I'm set for a week with that, though it may increase our TP consumption. /JK

All the frozen fruits and veggies were gone (except for brussel sprouts, lol). Toilet paper and meal replacement drinks (like Ensure types, or Carnation Breakfast mixes) are tough to find. I keep thinking that in two weeks, there will be toilet paper in the stores and those of us who didn't hoard it will be able to buy it on sale, because the stores will be slashing prices (nobody else will need to buy it).

Bananas and pasta, then the usual stuff like all frozen fruits/veggies, anything canned, TP, cleaning stuff, etc

WV is still awaiting test kits, that's why none confirmed. They do have people quarantined that test negative for flu, but can't test yet. I only know this because my cousin is a doctor at WVU. I read online that testing began in WV last week, but he says it's not the case. All my family and most of my friends live in WV, so I keep up.

Last edited:
WV has been testing this past week. We’ve tested 39 folks, 38 negative, 1 is pending. I know this because well, I live here, keep up on the states official health dept website, and have a handful of friends whom are doctors and nurses at WVU/Ruby. I live about 25 minutes away from Morgantown. One of my BFF’s, her husband (she’s an RN on the hospital’s surgical prep floor) tested positive for Flu A yesterday evening, they had told him if he would have been negative he would have been sent immediately to WVU/Ruby to take a COVID-19 test. I don’t doubt that it is here. But while testing IS taking place, we have yet to have a confirmed case as I type this. 🤷🏼‍♀️

At our biggest supermarket ( besides Costco) here called The Real Canadian Superstore, there was no frozen veggies left at all.. not even 1. And they usually have a whole Aisle of frozen veggies. However, there was loads of fresh veggies in the produce section. So i just bought a bunch, took them home and washed/cut and put in the freezer.

There was also no canned beans of anykind left on shelves. No pork n beans, no kidney beans, no chickpeas. Good thing i bought earlier in the week as i am planning to make chillis and soups.

I think the TP situation will take care of itself. Those that were in frenzy mode will be shocked to find that the supermarkets will get fully replenished in the next couple of weeks.

I think the most interesting thing I saw at our local Publix was the deli counter being so much more busy. It's a perishable unless folks are planning on freezing it.

Carrots in the produce section. Gone. No baby carrots, no shredded carrots, no bunches of carrots

I was just at Publix No carrot sticks!
They have the best tasting carrot. Sticks. My grand daughter requests them every Disney Trip!

My favorite thing was the stacks of 2 liter pop bottles with a sign that had a limit of 22. That I really didn't get at all. 22? I didn't see anyone buying anywhere near that much. I'm not a big pop drinker, so I don't like 2 liter bottles because it would go flat before I could finish it.

Water aisle was cleared out; however, in the center aisle hiding in plain sight there was a big stack of plain cardboard boxes full of gallon jugs of drinking water and spring water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter