• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What use year should a December vacationer purchase?

mamaprincess

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine is looking to purchase WLV and primarily wants to vacation in iDecember. What is the best use year for her to purchase or does it make a difference. I've never booked at the 11mos window so I don't know how this works or if use year makes a difference. I know WLV is really busy in December.

Use year makes no difference in booking window, it is always 11 months from date of stay. Use year comes in to play for banking. If they normally plan on vacationing in December a December use year may work well for them. That way, if they do need to cancel a vacation on short notice and those points go into "holding" they have a longer window of opportunity to use those points, as they can not be banked. Other than that use year has little impact.

We have October use year and we typically vacation in early December and then again in March or April. But if we want to go earlier some year for October or November, we can. I won't ever go June-Sept due to the heat so October is a great UY for us.

I have an August UY and like to go in December. I have until 01/31 to bank 100% of my points so if I need to cancel and bank them I don't have to worry about it.

think Oct. would be a great UY for them. We have that and we sometimes vacation in Nov for Thanksgiving week. :thumbsup2

It really only matters when it comes to cancelling. If, in Novermeber for example, they have to cancel or move a booked Dec vacation, the points will go back into their use year. If that use year begins in say Oct or Dec, then they have almost the whole year to use those points or bank them. However, if they have a Feb use year, then they will not be able to bank them and will have only a month or two to use those points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter