What was the MOST CROWDED time you have ever been to WDW?

What was the MOST CROWDED time you have ever been to WDW?

• Week of Presidents' Day

• Week before Easter Sunday

• Week after Easter Sunday

• Week of Memorial Day

• Week of July 4th

• Week before Labor Day (includes Labor Day Weekend)

• Wed through Sun of Thanksgiving Week

• Weekend before Xmas through Xmas Eve

• Xmas Eve through Sun after New Year's

• Other (please reply to specify which week)

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
i wanted to do a survey of this:

what was the absolute MOST CROWDED time you have ever been to WDW?

please only vote for a time you have actually been to WDW, not just what you have read in a guidebook or heard from your friends/family or other DISers. ;)

by "crowded"... i'm talking about at least 40+ minute waits for many rides, trouble walking around w/o bumping into anyone else... so you're forced to inch along or weave around to get anywhere, FASTPass distribution is all done on some rides by lunchtime, etc.

i'm adding a poll w/ a list of probably the most popular responses to this question, but it's not possible to include everything in the poll, so please reply + share about when your most crowded experience was if it's not on the poll.

TIA everyone!

Went for cheerleading competition (gasp!! I was one of those dreaded cheerleading groups back in the 80's!) during the week after Christmas and before New Year's. There was just 2 parks then, but they were packed to the gills. It was the only time I've seen people just sitting around because the lines were so long and the parks closed to capacity.

On Veteran's Day Weekend! YIKES! lol

I've never been during those other times you mentioned, but Veteran's Day Weekend was outragous because it began on a Thursday (I believe) and lasted until Sunday.

The other time was early October.

I've been at the end of August, during December, over Mother's Day weekend, but the busiest I've ever seen it within the past few years was the Saturday through the Wednesday before Thanksiving last year.

Geri

I've been 1st week in January
twice the week after Thanksgiving
end of September
end of August

Most crowded was the two times the week after Thanksgiving. Least crowded was end of September (was 2 weeks after 9/11)

I really enjoyed our trip the end of August, being able to swim every afternoon was nice.

I'll be there on Friday!

I was there the week before Easter (school break) in 1998. Wow it was crowded. We didn't even do some attractions (space mountain, alien encounter) because the wait times were 1 1/2 hours long!

Never again will I go in April!

I was there the second week of December in 2001 and we walked on everything. The longest wait was 10 mintues at HM.
Hopefully it will be that way again this December!

I voted for "other".... I have been Memorial DAy weekend, into the first of June, and though busy, the crowds were not unbearable. The most crowded I have ever seen Disney was the weekend before Halloween 2000. I will NEVER go to WDW for Halloween again! We went for MNSSHP last year, but we went for Columbus Day, and though it was crowded, it was not as crowded as the weekend before Halloween.

Halloween is on a Friday this year, my sister is going to be there. I do NOT envy her. I warned her...LOL

I have never had the desire or opportunity to go to WDW on a, so called, holiday but I was there once when it was Florida Day and all Florida residents could get in at a very discounted rate.

It is my belief that the rest of Florida must have been empty because everyone was here. What a crowd!
:crazy::crazy: :crazy: :crazy: ::yes:: :earseek:

sorry do not remember the actual week, around the middle of July in the mid 80s ..scared me enough never to try summer or other "busy" periods again!

I will never, ever forget going with my grandparents and cousins as a kid. This was back when we would go in the dead of summer, there was only one park (Magic Kingdom), Epcot was being built, and they still used actual tickets instead of the pay-one-price policy.

The parks were so incredibly crowded, and to make matters worse, my grandparents would basically pluck themselves down on a bench and say, "OK, kids, have fun. Meet us back here in three hours."

Three hours? Grandma, you're askin' to be put in a home!

We would dash about, trying to do the biggest and best rides, which of course had the biggest and worst lines. Sometimes, we'd be lucky to get in two rides during the day.

And yet, despite that, I still have rather fond memories, becuase, hey, I was at Disney. I'm one of those people who can get excited just walking through the gates and looking around. I love riding everything, but I get a contact high just from the sights, sounds and smells!

Now, I go the week after Thanksgiving (this year, Nov. 29-Dec. 6) and I tend to have really small crowds. But every now and again, there will be a day when the sun is hot (for December), the crowds are high and I'll swear that my late grandma is sitting on that bench, watching the crowds or perhaps snoozing, as she called it, waiting for us to dash back at the very last possible moment.

Richard

Oh! I almost forgot about Gay Days! Extremely crowded during that time. I believe it is held the 1st weekend in June every year.

June 5th 1989! (I remember so well because it was the Monday after our wedding.)

I know some would think "what's she complaining about?" But DH and I were naive about how crowded it would be.

It was hot and humid that day (I wore jeans, crazy me!) and when we were ready to ride space mountain the 2nd time, the wait was already 90 minutes long.

The waits in line for a soft drink were incredible.

After downing a Mickey ice cream bar, we left before 12N and said 'never again in the summer'.

We've since been off-peak times (past 5 years) and realize 'this is when to go to Disney!'

Can I check three, or do I have to decide?

I did New Year's 1998/99, Fourth of July 1999 and Columbus Day 2000. Honestly, I think Columbus Day was the worst - lots of Florida people came for the three-day weekend - but that might have been because we weren't expecting the crowds. Fourth of July and New Year's we expected the crowds, so it didn't seem as bad overall.

It was, without a doubt, New Year's Eve, 1982. I remember because we were celebrating our tenth anniversary. There were people everywhere. Everything was crowded. We had to wait on line to get into the Emporium! While I was standing in line, I heard someone calling me by my maiden name, which I hadn't used in 10 years. Standing only a few people ahead of me in line was DH's college roommate, whom we hadn't seen in many years. After chatting for a few minutes, he turned to introduce me to his new wife...who was my ob-gyn's nurse! It's a small world, after all!

Beth

Have been there a few times on NYE and that was without a doubt the most crowded time ever. however, there were also many good things about that time, breathtaking decorations, better weather than the Midwest, Candlelight Processional, etc, so I've never regretted it.

I most often go around holiday time since its the easiet time off other than vacation time in the summer.

The worst experience by far was Prtesidents week. The weather was fabulous, but the crowds...uh...what a nightmare. Never again!

I've mostly been to WDW over peak times - Easter week, Christmas week, and President's Day week. So I'm used to big crowds and managing them (hooray for EE days and fastpasses).

Earlier this year, I had the chance to go for a few days in January and a few days at end of Feb./start of March. What a treat! It's truly a different experience going to WDW when the crowds are small. Unfortunately, my vacation time usually has to fall at peak times.

Week of July 4th is always bad. Wall to wall people at times in the MK. I worked that whole week last year and I don't think I'll ever GO during that time.

Count me in with those who will never do April again!:earseek: Thank goodness we only were attempting a day trip that year (were staying at Melbourne Beach) as the crowds were mobbish. It was in the pre-fast pass days and days of no AK... not even sure MGM was open yet?:confused:

Since then have always gone Jan. or Feb. in value season. This year going the week after Pres. week.

Great thread idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter