What was your first job? What was your favourite job?

Sand Wedge

Registered
My first job was working the tills at a convenience store. People kept on brining me muffins and I could never remember the code for the damned things!

My favourite job came a year afterwards. It was poorly paid, but I loved it! I was a salesman at a small shop called PowerPlant, who also ran an extension of Bang & Olufsen. PowerPlant stocked, installed and setup the most expensive, amazing HiFi and home cinema and automation system available and was adorned with sample rooms and "the big comfy", an arm chair in the shop where you could listen to our prime systems. To give you an idea of our stock, Bose was considered trash and the dearest setup I ever sold was a shade over £400,000 including a jade needle for a turntable and gold wiring.

My first job was working at the Dairy Queen. My favorite job "moments" were when I was teaching, but my favorite as far as overall happiness was working at a gift shop in a National Park in the summers during college. That was fun and stress free and the off time was great!

My first job was babysitting.

My favorite was stay-at-home-mom. ♥

(But if we're only counting paid gigs, it was probably banking. - I enjoyed working in the city.)

First job (other than babysitting) was cleaning carpets.
Favorite job was probably when I worked in a group home. It was just assisting four clients with their basic activities of daily living, taking them to activities, etc. They were all sweet, and we had a good time most days, ending the night with a round of cards or a board game, joking and laughing. If it had paid anywhere near a living wage, I could have stayed in that position permanently.

First job was working as a farmhand and babysitting. First job working for "the man" with a real paycheck was Kenny Rogers Roasters when I was 15.

Favorite job was being a children's librarian.

I worked over the Christmas holidays at an Eckerd Drugs when I was 18. Hated it. Though I consider my first "real" job was working at a daycare that my Mom had actually worked at and that my sister and I went to as kids. Loved it. But my favorite job was my most recent working at our small Catholic school in town. Such beautiful faculty and staff. I immediately got a sense of family the moment I walked in! Eleven years later and several faculty/staff changes and the people are still wonderful. Everyone has been incredible!

First: Worked at a corporate picnic park for the summer picnic season. It was ok. Paid slightly more than minimum wage at the time. Plus it was weekend mornings/early afternoon only. I was 16 at the time.

Favorite: working for the USFS as a fire lookout for 4 fire seasons.

Depends on what we call a "job". Like many others here, I started working before I was a tax paying worker. First non-tax job was collecting trash at a doctors office. First tax-paying job was collecting shopping carts at a grocery store.

Favorite job is hard...I like my career now. But as far as just being fun, either valet parking at a fancy restaurant or working as a jockey at an auto auction.

First job: Short-lived stunt as a cashier at our local pet store

Favorite job: Disney College Program. I was an attractions hostess at Peter Pan's Flight/it's a small world

Counselor at a summer camp......best job I ever had. Really changed the path of my life at that time.

First job: Lifeguard at the YMCA
Favorite: Current job...property/rental manager of our condos.

My very first job was at Burger King, back when I was 16. My favorite was working security at SeaWorld.

My first job was when I was a senior in high school, on the co- op program. I worked afternoons in the elementary school. Loved it and wish I could have stayed after graduating.

My favorite job? I only had a few jobs as an adult. All part time and after our kids were both in school all day. Video store clerk, church secretary and waitress. Really can’t pick a favorite, I enjoyed them all.

My first job was in High School, washing dishes at our country club. Best job is right now, working for my wife in the business she created. I handle all inventory and shipping and we work at home.

My first job was working at a travel & insurance company, though I worked on the insurance side.

My fav. job was working as a volunteer coordinator at a science festival. It was a short and seasonal job, but I got to cover a lot of NY back when I lived there.

My first job was working at a donut shop...
MY favorite job was managing the gas stations. I learned so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter