What was your first resort?

Our first trip 1984 was at FT. Wilderness campgrounds in the “modular homes”. We have been to Disney too many times to remember since then. We bought into DVC in 2001 at BRV and BCV. This year we will be taking our grandchildren to Boulder Ridge for Thanksgiving.6B4E5F92-4B4C-4132-A7AB-6E236C172796.jpeg

Ours was Coronado as well in 2011. We bought into DVC in 2013 on our second Disney Cruise so we’ve only stayed at DVC resorts since than. I would definitely like to go back there though to see how much has changed

I see a lot of people say this. One of the things we look forward to is the drive. It gives us a chance to just sit and talk, which we don't get a lot at home because of everyone's busy schedule. Our drive is only about 9 hours though, so I could see 12+ hours being too much.
I'd drive if it was around 10 hours. It's over 20hrs for us and driving becomes more expensive than flying when we factor in missing more work days. Plus we'd arrive there and return home tired from the road.

CBR in 1999. Yes, I've been back quite a few times with other places sprinkled in. CBR holds a special place in my heart, and I'm back in July for my birthday trip!

Stayed in the main building at the Contemporary in December 1971 with my grandmother. If I remember correctly she said it was $29 a night. Things have changed! I have stayed everywhere but AoA and Movies. I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge, but not any of the DVC properties there. The Contemporary is not my favorite. Unless I’m traveling with people that have a different preference, I would always stay at the Yacht or Beach.

Coronado Springs, way back in 2002. Honeymoon. Stayed there again in 2018, CM gifted up a Casitas upgrade (it was only a two night stay) when my wife mentioned the honeymoon. We loved it (both times), and we will definitely stay there again sometime near our twentieth anniversary. Stayed at plenty of wonderful Deluxe Resorts since then, but still have a soft spot for Coronado Springs.

Hotel Royal Plaza in Disney Village 1986

Not technically a Disney Resort, but it was good enough for Michael Jackson.

My first trip was the Polynesian in 1990. I’ve never stayed there again, and probably won’t. I’ve stayed at WL since, and if we ever decide to pay deluxe prices again I’d love to try BC, CR, or AKL before I went back to Poly.

My first trip I paid for as an adult was Pop Century in 2005: 6 nights, 7 day park hopper plus, free dining with appetizer, entree, dessert, and tip included cost $1185 for 2 adults. We got a Southwest Ding deal and flew roundtrip for $112 per person. Crazy to see now - I just came across our price quote in my email yesterday. We’ve stayed one more night at Pop before switching to WL, and it’s pretty likely we’ll be back again in the future, although recently we’ve stayed at a moderate (POR and CBR) and the Dolphin.

CBR and nope, haven't been out of a deluxe since. We did ride the Skyliner there last fall and enjoyed our walk down memory lane and being amazed at how it had changed since 1993. We even found our first room and took a photo. Great evening, fabulous first visit; but no desire to stay there again.

It was our first resort in 1991. We've only stayed in deluxe since and while we enjoyed our time at CBR, we wouldn't stay there again after being in deluxe. We also rode the Skyliner there in December and tried to figure out where we'd stayed. DH and I both got it wrong (I checked my photos from them which had the room number after we left). We went to Port Royale and it's nothing like it was back then - it's so very different and we barely recognized it. I think even the bridge over was different then. But it was a fun trip down memory lane.

First onsite -Dixie Landing - now POR Riverside in 2000. Other trips: All Star Sports, multiple stays at Pop & AKL, did Dolphin, Caribbean Beach. Doing the new Tower at Coronado Springs in June.

CBR resort in 1990 for my daughter's 3rd birthday, it hadn't been opened too long at that point.
I was so happy to be able to stay on property, the room was like $89 a night and they were saying it was booked for the entire year.
We have been back there many times since.

Last edited:
Our first onsite stay was BC. We've stayed at several other resorts, all but one that we would/have returned to again. That said, we definitely feel like BC is "home" and we're always happiest returning there. (Got an 8 night stay there later this year and I can't wait!)

"The Golf Resort" back in 1984! And I have been back, but as a guest at "Shades of Green" in 2005 and 2015!

Editing to add (several hours later): In 1984 I was 9 years old--so I was with my parents. In 2005 I was 29 and with my husband and 3 kids.
We honeymooned there in 1980 - but my first was The Contemporary in 1972.

Our first stay was at the Beach Club. I remember originally I was going to book a cabin at Fort Wilderness. The cabins were brand new, and it would be $200 more to stay there over the Beach Club. I asked the CM on the phone why would a place that should feel like you were "roughing" it be more than a deluxe and she said because some people have never stayed in nature and a cabin before!

We later came back to the Beach Club so our kids could enjoy Storm-Along Bay. The first time, my hubby says I wouldn't let them swim because I thought we had to be in the parks 24/7. That may or may not be true... :confused3 :lmao:

Our first stay was at the Beach Club. I remember originally I was going to book a cabin at Fort Wilderness. The cabins were brand new, and it would be $200 more to stay there over the Beach Club. I asked the CM on the phone why would a place that should feel like you were "roughing" it be more than a deluxe and she said because some people have never stayed in nature and a cabin before!

We later came back to the Beach Club so our kids could enjoy Storm-Along Bay. The first time, my hubby says I wouldn't let them swim because I thought we had to be in the parks 24/7. That may or may not be true... :confused3 :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter