What was your first resort?

Caribbean Beach in 1998! I've gone a few times since then, but not since the Skyliner opened!

Saratoga Springs, 2 bedroom villa. Disney was running a buy 4/get 3 free package. The trip was after I completed an intensive 18 month training program to get my senior reactor operator's license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which was capped off with a 2 week examination. We left the day after the results were finalized. We had a blast. Bought into DVC on that trip.

Our First time staying on property was at All-Star Sports. we have now tried all the value resorts. we now go for 3 weeks every year. 1 week at a value, 1 week moderate, 1 week at deluxe.

this way we get to try out all the resorts and a change in scenery.

Depends on how I calculate it. When I was 3: Contemporary. My first solo trip as an adult, which was over 20 years later: Port Orleans French Quarter.

My first as an adult was Port Orleans Riverside and we loved it. We have stayed there several other times, but have also been to several other resorts too, depending on who i'm with and what kind of trip it is (short fast paced, I'd just stay value; race weekend I want to lounge by the pool/hottub we like deluxe-depending on price).

As a kid, we stayed in the tree house villas (original version)

My first as an adult was Port Orleans Riverside and we loved it. We have stayed there several other times, but have also been to several other resorts too, depending on who i'm with and what kind of trip it is (short fast paced, I'd just stay value; race weekend I want to lounge by the pool/hottub we like deluxe-depending on price).

As a kid, we stayed in the tree house villas (original version)
First person besides myself that stayed in the early Tree House villas. We were there in 89.

My first resort was the Contemporary with my family when I was about 2 years old and then I stayed there a few more times as a kid. Its still one of my favorite resorts probably due partly to nostalgia and partly the great location. Now my goal is to stay at every on site hotel. So far I've stayed at 7 Disney Resorts, I'll be checking off CSR later this year :)

We did Riverside last September. We were going to stay French Quarter originally, but it wasn't part of free dining. We ended up loving it. We were in the 28th building, I think, with a nature view. It was great. We liked FQ when we walked over for some beignets just not as much.

Next up is WL for my solo trip.

First resort was the Contemporary in February 1972. I have been back to the resort to stay only twice since. Back then as you may know, you had a choice of the Poly or the Contemporary. Great memories!

My first stay was at the Contemporary. I was 5 and in complete amazement that the monorail went through the building! Many years and visits later, I finally stayed there again a year ago, now in my 40's and it's still amazing 😁

First resort was Polynesian in 1985, When my son was 2. I can’t wait to take my grandson. I’ve been to Disney at least 20 times . Finally bought DVC at BW in 1998, when I had my last son. Nothing like seeing Disney through the eyes of a child. I’ve stayed at the Contemporary, Port Orleans, Coronado, Key West, Disney Inn ( Golf Resort) , Saratoga Springs, club Lake Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Broadwalk my favorite.

Last edited:
The Poly was our first and still has my hear. We have been enjoying the Grand the past few years though. Waiting for new beds at the Poly. My older two boys still love the Poly best, but my daughter gives the Grand the title of favorite.

First onsite stay was at the Caribbean Beach when our 2 daughters were very young. When we became a family of 5 we then moved to Port Orleans-Riverside.

CBR for our one year anniversary in 1992. Now we are DVC owners at SSR. We go back to eat and walk the grounds at CBR every few trips !

POFQ in early 90s. I think it was a fairly new resort at the time. I was just a kid, and I remember we would end each day at the food court there. I had ginger ale for the first time and my parents probably had something stronger. I stayed there again in 2016, but the food court was under renovation. My daughter did eat solid foods for the first time there as my wife decided to let her try scrambled eggs. So, somehow my memories of that place revolve around food, and I don’t think that is considered the strong suit of that resort.

My first stay was at the Contemporary in probably 1972. A great trip. First stay on my own dollar was CBR. Now we own DVC. I love the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter