• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What WDW ride/experience do you just not get?

tjevans

DIS Veteran
I think I've seen a thread with this in the past (I might have even started it), but it's been a while.

What ride, attraction, etc. at WDW does everyone else love, but you just don't see what the hoopla is about? Note that this thread is not about debating the relative merits of the various attractions.

For me, I'd have to say I don't get Soarin'. It was nice, but I would much rather go on Test Track and Mission: Space. I don't think I'd even bother getting a FP for it, and I dang sure wouldn't stand in line for it.

I've always felt that Kilimanjaro Safaris was overrated-- especially if you ride it on a hot day when few animals are around. Don't get me wrong-- it's not bad, but I'd rather ride, um...

(waves at poster above me :wave2: )

Expedition Everest. ;)

Definitely Soarin'... I don't get why the line is so long... it's just a slightly moving imax experience. BTTF/Simpsons ride is better. I remember hearing someone in line say it was his favorite ride and it felt just like flying...yeah....:confused3

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but to me it's boring and definitely not worth a wait over 5 minutes.

Yea. I am definitely in agreement with Jones. I don't understand the whole appeal of Soarin. I mean, I know lots of people love it, just not my thing.

The Carousel of Progress in MK - other than being a nice place to cool off while waiting for your other fast pass times, I just don't get it.

And you can't get that darn song out of your head either! :rolleyes1

Soarin'!

I think that on rides like this (star tours, body wars), where you look at a screen, people either feel it or they don't & for me, I don't. My husband loves it. :confused3 It always has a line a mile long, so apparently I'm just one of the few that just doesn't get it. I actually love the concept, it just does not work for me the way it is. I don't feel like I'm flying when I can touch the person next to me or when there are feet flying in my view. :lmao: The other thing is that by the time I just start to get into it, the scene changes. It's like hangliding and teleportation all in one show, but really, I think that's why I don't feel it.

Maelstrom, hands down. There always seems to be a wait, it actually HAS Fast Passes, and people seem to just love it.

It perplexes me. It's on par with the crap rides at the county fair, IMO. The storyline really doesn't make much sense. I mean, trolls and modern-day oil rigs?? I *get* that it's the past and present of Norway, but really? OIL RIGS in a ride??

It's just.. weird. :confused3

STITCH -- Yuck, I just don't enjoy that experience. :eek:
Me too
I totally agree.
That ride was awful!
I'm with you on that one
Definitely Stitch.
Possitivly Stitch

Mine is...um...SplM Dozens of folks go on it but I won't:eek: :eek: :eek: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I dunno why:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Maybe it's my FoF(Fight or Flight)Response on it:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 and it's on flight:snooty: :scared1:Vrooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooommmmm :car: Maybe... Can somebody tell me if I'm right or wrong and if it's weird?

ummm the ever forgettable JOURNEY INTO NARNIA...at least people rember how bad stich was..this was a hyped up movie preview...AWFUL and people were lined up so excited about it-did I miss something?:scared1:

Carousel of Progress
Stitch
It's a Small World
Back Stage Tour thingy in HS
IllumiNations
Tower of Terror
Haunted Mansion ( It's fine, just not great imo)

I could probably list more. Maybe I should just list the rides that I do like.:rotfl:

ummm the ever forgettable JOURNEY INTO NARNIA...at least people rember how bad stich was..this was a hyped up movie preview...AWFUL and people were lined up so excited about it-did I miss something?:scared1:

This is the only post I agree with so far.. :rolleyes1

Figment and Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Yep, I agree with Mickey&Donald - Maelstrom. No offense to the fine people of Norway, but I just don't get why people stand in line for such a long, long time for that one.....the line for the pastry shop however - that's a different story! Yummmmm....

Test Track you can drive 65 in your own car dont get the love for this ride :confused3

It's a Small World
Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape! (Kids hate it too!)
Mission: Space (Who wants to ride a ride that provides Barf Bags?!?!?!? :confused3)
Star Tours (Extremely outdated. With, the creative minds of George Lucas & Disney Imagineers, you think they could come up with something new and more high tech!!!)
Primeval Whirl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter