• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Would You Do? Late Arrival FP Strategy

ok so please help me then....we are going on a family trip with 21 people and I have had MUCH success getting ALL our FP's including FoP BUT I'm struggling in Epcot as we want to do Test Track, Soarin and Frozen.

I doubt I will be able to get all 3 but looking for some advise on what is the best strategy :).

First off you should know it's our arrival day which makes it even more difficult as we wont be there for rope drop--STRIKE #1

We most likely will not even enter the park until 3:00 -3:30 pm--STRIKE #2

We will be there the day before Easter--SRTIKE #3

So with all this said and having all the odds stacked against me, this is what I did but after reading this thread I think I TOTALLY messed up!!!

I figured I would waste a an early FP so that would open up a chances for a 4th FP and made a FP for Turtle Talk 1:30 - 2:30, should I have done that???

I then scheduled frozen since we will have some little princesses with us and wanted them to start the trip off right :) 2:45-3:55 (remember I am estimating we will enter the park between 3-3:30

I then did M&G with Mickey & Pals from 4-5

I just learned from this thread so thank you very much that as soon as we all scan in for FEA, I should Move up my time for the M&G with Mickey as this will allow us to hopefully schedule the 4th FP earlier!! Thanks for that tip!

Do you think I will be able to get at least a 4th FP or Soarin?? If not any suggestion on what do to do? Thinking the older kids could wait on standby for Test Track right before the park closes as a worst case scenario or do single rider....HELP!!!

Thanks!!

The group of 21 will be the toughest part. If you're all willing to break up into smaller groups and do some rides apart then you should be able to add Soarin' &/or Test Track as additional FP's. Finish up the first 3 as soon as you can and then get on the app and keep refreshing.

ok so please help me then....we are going on a family trip with 21 people and I have had MUCH success getting ALL our FP's including FoP BUT I'm struggling in Epcot as we want to do Test Track, Soarin and Frozen.

I doubt I will be able to get all 3 but looking for some advise on what is the best strategy :).

First off you should know it's our arrival day which makes it even more difficult as we wont be there for rope drop--STRIKE #1

We most likely will not even enter the park until 3:00 -3:30 pm--STRIKE #2

We will be there the day before Easter--SRTIKE #3

So with all this said and having all the odds stacked against me, this is what I did but after reading this thread I think I TOTALLY messed up!!!

I figured I would waste a an early FP so that would open up a chances for a 4th FP and made a FP for Turtle Talk 1:30 - 2:30, should I have done that???

I then scheduled frozen since we will have some little princesses with us and wanted them to start the trip off right :) 2:45-3:55 (remember I am estimating we will enter the park between 3-3:30

I then did M&G with Mickey & Pals from 4-5

I just learned from this thread so thank you very much that as soon as we all scan in for FEA, I should Move up my time for the M&G with Mickey as this will allow us to hopefully schedule the 4th FP earlier!! Thanks for that tip!

Do you think I will be able to get at least a 4th FP or Soarin?? If not any suggestion on what do to do? Thinking the older kids could wait on standby for Test Track right before the park closes as a worst case scenario or do single rider....HELP!!!

Thanks!!

I think your plan is perfect. I don't think you will be able to move your Character Spot FP up, as it's a tough one to get, and you have 21 people! But it'll be fine. You should be able to go straight to FEA towards the end of that window, and then go straight to Character Spot at the beginning of that window. (If you happen to have a little time to kill, go to Club Cool.) Then you can start looking for Soarin' FP. I'd look in groups of 2 or 3 and keep adding. Then TT at the end of the night sounds smart.

Actually, we got a 4th FP for Soarin' at maybe 7:40 last June, and when we went to use it, Soarin' was a walk on. So you may be able to ride with a short wait even without a FP. FW is pretty quiet in the evenings, with the exception of TT.

Remember, you can enter Character Spot 5 minutes early with the grace period, if you need to. And if you're running late, you can enter FEA up to 15 minutes late on the grace period. Have fun!

ETA: I did almost this exact plan when I got that 4th FP for Soarin' last June. The only difference is I did my FP for SE, then CS, then FEA. I was worried we'd run late, so I made my FEA last. We did get there in time to use SE right at the end of the window, though it was a walk on. Then CS, then Club Cool, and then FEA as soon as our 5 minute early grace period opened.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused. Are you also saying that you can change and move up 2nd and 3rd FPs all the time? I thought those first 3 had to be an hour apart and never thought of moving up the times.

If you think you'll be there around 1:00, I'd book your first FP from 12:15 to 1:15. With the grace period, you really have until 1:30, if you're running late. But I'd also make it for your lowest priority of the three, so if you happen to run completely late and miss it, it's not as big of a deal. Then book your others at 1:15, and 2:15, saving your "best" one for last. (Again, just in case you run late.)

Then you can show up at 1:00, use your first. Even for a short ride, you'll be able to immediately go use your second. And then you can either try to modify your third to use sooner or just do an anytime attraction in between. And if you do a long attraction like ETwB or Splash, you won't really have any time to kill between the three.

Say you arrive to the park at 1:00, walk to BTMRR and use that at 1:10, then Splash at 1:25, that'll take you till at least 1:55, and you can use your next one as soon as 2:10. If your third is 7DMT, you'll have just enough time to maybe hit a restroom and walk over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter