• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do? VWL/SSR

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
What would you do?? To make a long story short if given the choice of the 2 options what would you choose.

3 days SSR 2 bedroom and 5 days VWL 2 bedroom.

or

8 days in SSR 2 bedroom.

Just some information. We have stayed at SSR before and LOVED IT..... We have 2 young children (5, 3). We like to try something new each time we go but we do not like changing resorts. We would opt for VWL for all 8 nights but it is not available our first 3 nights.

Is it worth switching resort to try VWL?

With two small children, I'd stay all 8 days at SSR. IMHO, being homeless for a day in the middle of your trip with kids is NOT fun.

You'll have many more years to try out the other resorts - if you have to move, my advice is to wait to do it until the kids are older, and not so dependent on Mom & Dad.

I hate moving. I'd go with SSR for the whole trip and try for VWL another time.

Wow these responses are different than what I expected... :thumbsup2 Another reason we don't want to move is because we will be at Vero Beach 4 nights prior to checking into SSR and that would make 3 moves in 13 days..... Plus our groceries. We are doing the dining plan but we need certain foods for our 3 year old because he will only eat french fries when we eat out...

I have just read that VWL is a more desirable location and I would hate to give up the days if it's worth switching.

what would you choose.
I'd stay all 8 days at SSR. This coming from a true VWL lover. I hate to move...once we get to a resort we like to unpack completely and move in. We also have groceries for the villa that we don't want to mess with moving.

Hey, you asked what I would choose. Not suggesting that it's right for everyone! But I wouldn't want to move once, much less the two times you've indicated you'd have to do. :)

I would choose to stay at SSR the entire time. Our kids like SSR's pool more than VWL.

We would choose one and stay put. We did a split stay a couple of years ago between OKW/AKL. What a PITB to pack everything up twice! We won't do split stays again (well, unless we go for like 3 weeks or something--:lmao: ).

Add me to the list who would stay at 1 resort. We just did this in December and we HATED moving in the middle of the trip. Just my 2 cents.

I would choose to stay at SSR the entire time. Our kids like SSR's pool more than VWL.

It's funny you mention that. My DS5 just asked me today if we were going back to that new hotel with the small water slide. He's not very brave when it comes to water. :lol: Plus the zero entry would be better for my DS3.

Hmmmmm......SSR is a resort you and your kids already love, and moving is a chore with young kids. I think I would stay put. Of course it helps that SSR is my favorite resort! :cloud9:

Enjoy your trip!

VWL is a pretty good location if you will be spending a lot of time in the Magic Kingdom. I might wait list for the whole time period rather than day by day.

If it wasn't for the fact that you are already moving once on your trip I might suggest trying out the move since you can get 5 days at VWL to begin with.

In SSR's favor is that it has a community hall and it has enough pool space for the population. I was at VWL over New Years and never got to go into the main pool because it was always crowded.

In SSR's favor is that it has a community hall and it has enough pool space for the population. I was at VWL over New Years and never got to go into the main pool because it was always crowded.

Really? Does the main pool get real crowded? We are going in May(Mem weekend) so I imagine it could be bad but I don't want it too overpacked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter