What Would You Do?

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5 and were hoping to reserve a 1BR at Kidani, a resort we have never stayed at, for 9 nights in July/August. When I checked this morning, 2 nights, a Tuesday and Thursday, are not available. What would you do? Would you reserve the nights that are available and waitlist for the other 2? Or book another resort, I am thinking OKW where we have stayed a few times, and waitlist the entire Kidani stay? We will be using 2 years worth of points so there really aren't a lot of options. Also, I don't want to move several different times. I am leaning toward booking OKW and waitlisting Kidani. I am just looking for opinions. Thanks!

I would book OKW and wait list the entire reservation at Kidani. I wouldn't want to chance having to move in the middle of my vacation.

The more days that you waitlist, the less chance that it will come through.

We decided that waitlist disappointment was too upsetting after a few years so we sold the cow, started sleeping in tents so we could buy the home resorts that are our favorites. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

I would take the chance. I would book the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at OKW, and the rest at Kidani. That would only be a 3 night waitlist. However, I am not against moving.

When I was booking our Aulani stay, there were no 1 BR units for our stay. Initially, I thought to waitlist our whole stay. BUT, there were hotel rooms avail on points. So, I booked those nights in the hotel - guaranteeing a stay at the resort. THEN, I waitlisted for my stay in 2 segments - 2 nights then 3 nights. (My hotel nights were booked in 2 night then 3 night segments so I could cancel - I didn't have a lot of wiggle room with points) Then I checked the online reservations daily. Within a few weeks, I was able to book my entire stay - 1 BR ocean view. I was surprised at how quickly the room I desired came up. I had prepared myself for not getting our choice.

A split stay maybe? Bell services will handle all your luggage even cold stuff they make it a very easy transition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter