• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do?

Hhalfacre1991

Earning My Ears
Going to WDW next October for our honeymoon and our vacation package is booked. 4 park days at each land. Right now our park days are 9/30-10/3

Saturday 9/30- AK
Sunday 10/1 HS
Monday 10/2 MK (I’ve been told Mondays are party days)
Tuesday 10/3 Epcot.

I’ve been told to not go to Epcot on the weekend and to schedule our MK day on a party day because historically it’s less busy. Whereas party days are so busy you can’t get much done.

We are debating either leaving at 6 and heading to Disney springs for dinner OR buying MNSSHP tickets and leaving at 3/4 to take a nap/get ready and go back for the party. I just don’t want to overdue it and not enjoy the party. I’m not a night person and like to be in bed by 10 🤣

What would you guys do?

If you decide to not do the party I would switch days and do MK on a different one because I believe you will not get to see the fireworks unless you are attending the party and with only 1 day at each park you won’t have the opportunity to go another time. We have only done the holiday party a few times and absolutely love it. I have heard the Halloween one is wonderful as well.

I would go to DS for dinner or even one of the monorail resorts so you can still see the MK fireworks. Steakhouse 71 is great.

We usually don’t use a park ticket if we go to a party, we feel like it’s kinda a waste. The party tickets gets you in the park around 4, not sure if they are more strict about this now tho. We just take it easy that morning and go MK as early as possible.

I'd prefer a nice dinner over the party. I'd also go to MK on a non-party day just in case you decide to return after dinner for one (or two) last ride.

I would get a 3 day ticket instead of a 4. Stay until close at Epcot on Monday. Relax and sleep in on the Tuesday. Go to DS for a late lunch. End the trip at the party. I am not a big party fan either.

Going to WDW next October for our honeymoon and our vacation package is booked. 4 park days at each land. Right now our park days are 9/30-10/3

Saturday 9/30- AK
Sunday 10/1 HS
Tuesday 10/3 Epcot.

I’ve been told to not go to Epcot on the weekend and to schedule our MK day on a party day because historically it’s less busy. Whereas party days are so busy you can’t get much done.

We are debating either leaving at 6 and heading to Disney springs for dinner OR buying MNSSHP tickets and leaving at 3/4 to take a nap/get ready and go back for the party. I just don’t want to overdue it and not enjoy the party. I’m not a night person and like to be in bed by 10 🤣

What would you guys do?
I’d rope drop MK, leave by 2pm for hotel R&R to avoid peak crazy of afternoon and go back for the party. Probably do an early dinner at a monorail resort for easy access to MK after non-party crowds have left.

Top tip- there is a Starbucks on Main St if you need a caffeine boost at the party!

Saturday 9/30- AK
Sunday 10/1 HS
Tuesday 10/3 Epcot.

What would you guys do?
Think your dates are off, Monday is Oct. 3rd. I only know that since we're traveling some during that month. Regardless of which dates/days you'll actually be there, I think you answered your question. Don't buy party tix if you're really not a night person and want to be in bed by 10pm. MK is pretty low on crowds/attendance on party days since there are no fireworks for regular day guests.

As far as which days of the week you hit parks, yes, you can avoid Epcot on a weekend but MK on a Monday isn't stellar either as that's the park most guests usually kick of their vacation with after a Sunday night arrival. If your days, not dates, above are correct, and you decide to visit MK on a party day, here's what I would do.....

Sat AK
Sun MK
Mon Ep
Tues DHS

DHS is always busy and doesn't really matter what day you pick imo. AK on a weekend is usually not too bad and your safest bet on a weekend.

Now all that to say you don't mind missing fireworks and seeing the castle at night and MK at night too. If we do a party day for MK, we usually also have another full day at MK planned too or are also attending the party that night. Just our preference since it's our favorite park and has so much to do and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter