What would you have done?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Just wanted to get your opinions on what you would have possibly done in this situation. Friday night, I went out some of my co-workers. This morning, one of my co-workers called me and told me she is very sick with the Covid (she tested positive this morning). Today, I was supposed to go to one my close friend’s birthday party. I told my friends in the group what happened and they all still wanted to me to come (so far I feel ok and tested negative with an at home test), but I went with my judgement and decided to stay home. It costed me a little money as I contributed towards the party, but I didn’t want to take any chances. What would you have done?

Thanks as always.

This particular strain seems to be sneaky and very contagious. I've known several people who have had this strain after going about a year without knowing anyone with it.

I'm guessing that some immunity is wearing off and of course no precautions are being taken like before.

This particular strain seems to be sneaky and very contagious. I've known several people who have had this strain after going about a year without knowing anyone with it.

I'm guessing that some immunity is wearing off and of course no precautions are being taken like before.

It does. This particular person who has it has never had it before (that they know of).

Here is what the CDC says you should be doing.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/if-you-were-exposed.html

1. You should be wearing an N95 mask for the next 10 days including in your home if there is anyone else that lives with you. You should not go anywhere near other people unless you can continuously wear an N95 mask while there. That includes inside your home.
2. You should test on day 6. If negative continue to wear the N95 continuously and isolate from everyone when not wearing an N95 until the conclusion of day 10.

So that means an N95 until August 29th while at work.

Your friend should not return to work until August 23rd and can come back mask free.

As to what I would have done....

I would have let others know I had an exposure and if they didn't care I would have gone.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just wanted to get your opinions on what you would have possibly done in this situation. Friday night, I went out some of my co-workers. This morning, one of my co-workers called me and told me she is very sick with the Covid (she tested positive this morning). Today, I was supposed to go to one my close friend’s birthday party. I told my friends in the group what happened and they all still wanted to me to come (so far I feel ok and tested negative with an at home test), but I went with my judgement and decided to stay home. It costed me a little money as I contributed towards the party, but I didn’t want to take any chances. What would you have done?

Thanks as always.

I think you absolutely did the right thing. We went to WDW in early July. For the 1st time, we didn’t wear masks. We came home on Friday, Sunday afternoon, my daughter texted me & invited us to come to a casual get together that night. I didn’t see the text until about 7:30, so we didn’t go. About 9 pm, I had a little tickle/ scratchy throat & a little runny nose. It was exactly the same the next morning, so I took an at home test & was +. I was so very thankful I didn’t see the text sooner & we didn’t go to the get together. Her boyfriend’s dad was there (he’s 72) & 4 little ones all under 4, plus their parents & boyfriends brother & his fiancé. I would have been horrified to have exposed all of them.

My husband tested + 2 days after I did. This was the first time we’ve had Covid too. A lot of people do seem to be getting it for the 1st time now. I hope you continue to feel well & stay negative.

I think you absolutely did the right thing. We went to WDW in early July. For the 1st time, we didn’t wear masks. We came home on Friday, Sunday afternoon, my daughter texted me & invited us to come to a casual get together that night. I didn’t see the text until about 7:30, so we didn’t go. About 9 pm, I had a little tickle/ scratchy throat & a little runny nose. It was exactly the same the next morning, so I took an at home test & was +. I was so very thankful I didn’t see the text sooner & we didn’t go to the get together. Her boyfriend’s dad was there (he’s 72) & 4 little ones all under 4, plus their parents & boyfriends brother & his fiancé. I would have been horrified to have exposed all of them.

My husband tested + 2 days after I did. This was the first time we’ve had Covid too. A lot of people do seem to be getting it for the 1st time now. I hope you continue to feel well & stay negative.
I'm not even sure what strain we're on now. Was that as sick as you got or did it get a lot worse?

I would have stayed home. I've been dodging covid for the last few weeks here in NJ. Lots of customers/friends/family have gotten it. I'm not sure if it's this strain or what, but some of them are surprisingly sick, not the sniffles like many have had in the past. Lots of coughing, fatigue...etc. You did the right thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter