What's better than a honeymoon? TWO Honeymoons! 8/30 57 hours/13 months to go!

Day 9: Friday, 9/10
The only plan we have for this day is dinner at Kona at 7:10pm. Realistically, I know we may need to sleep in by this day. And it will be nice to spend some more time at the Poly! We may head to a park we want to see more of in the afternoon, then come back for dinner.
Epcot has evening EMH and is open till midnight, so we might head over there for just a bit after dinner. Does anyone know if World Showcase is open during EMH?
I like this day that only has a few 'maybes' and 'mights'!

The weather here has been rainy and dreary for the last 3 days. No sun at all! As if it wasn't hard enough waiting for this trip, even the weather is reminding me that we're not in Florida yet.

Tomorrow is exciting for two little reasons: I am going to start packing and I can check in online!

You'll definitely need a lighter day by that point! World Showcase was bustling the one and only time we stayed at Epcot for evening EMH. Future World was actually kind of like a ghost town-- only TT and MS were running. All of the stores and food places were closed (except for one kiosk).
Yay for packing/checking in!!

I love the sound of those plans! Get a drink (or two!) from the pool bar and just soak up the Florida sun and relax!!! :)

If there were any doubts out there as to how totally absent-minded I am, let me admit right now: I managed to completely forget my age last night. I was posting here and pricing trips on a certain website, and I even went to talk to Ben about taking a trip for my 30th birthday (and he didn't correct me, so maybe he was agreeing to a trip this October ;) )

Though I am a little disappointed that my big plans will have to be used to celebrate the not-very-exciting at all 31st birthday, I am still excited to be working on them. Hopefully I'll even have news to share here soon!

That is great news! I have been contemplating booking something for February actually, and taking my BIL, SIL and their two girls this time. They have had a myriad of health and financial issues (not of their own making, $ issues due to cancer treatments, being out of work, etc) over the past few years.

I would love to have another trip on the books! Hopefully you can decide soon!

World Showcase is most definitely open during EMH and some attractions in Future World too!

Yay, that is great news!

You'll definitely need a lighter day by that point! World Showcase was bustling the one and only time we stayed at Epcot for evening EMH. Future World was actually kind of like a ghost town-- only TT and MS were running. All of the stores and food places were closed (except for one kiosk).
Yay for packing/checking in!!

I've never done evening EMH at Epcot, I was picturing more focused on FW actually, so I am glad to hear that WS is still hopping. That's where we'll want to spend the evening if we make it over there!

I love the sound of those plans! Get a drink (or two!) from the pool bar and just soak up the Florida sun and relax!!! :)

We must take advantage of our beautiful resort!

That is great news! I have been contemplating booking something for February actually, and taking my BIL, SIL and their two girls this time. They have had a myriad of health and financial issues (not of their own making, $ issues due to cancer treatments, being out of work, etc) over the past few years.

I would love to have another trip on the books! Hopefully you can decide soon!

Aww, that would be great if you can take them in Feb! It sounds like they could really use the break and a trip with some magic!

Stay tuned for our newest details!

I was talking to the BF about you yesterday....hmmm maybe I should cut back on talking about you to the BF. I told him the story about the engagement ring and he was like oh no! is everything ok? that must have sucked.

Just wait until you hear the accent, and its okay if you need him to repeat himself because you dont' understand him. I do it all the time!:rotfl:

I was talking to the BF about you yesterday....hmmm maybe I should cut back on talking about you to the BF. I told him the story about the engagement ring and he was like oh no! is everything ok? that must have sucked.

Just wait until you hear the accent, and its okay if you need him to repeat himself because you dont' understand him. I do it all the time!:rotfl:

It was very nice of him to be worried about our engagement ring disaster! Everything is just fine now, thank goodness.

I wish I could take a picture of the way my cat Otis is sprawled over me right now. It doesn't look comfortable, but it's adorable!

Anyway, I finally told Ben today (I booked it last week...), so now I can share it with the DIS world...

In a little over a year, we'll be able to wear these:

P1010014.jpg

to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Are you jealous of those viking costumes? We put them together last year (bought almost all of the parts at Marshalls) for a friend's party and ended up spending way too much money on them. So we decided that we must be vikings every Halloween until we feel like we got our money's worth. I figure wearing them to the party is a good way to do that! And that meant we needed to take a trip next fall!

With free dining already announced, I just didn't see the point in waiting to book. So I did. All the while thinking I was celebrating my 30th birthday with the trip. But as we saw, it turns out that's not true. But we're still taking the trip!
We're not quite making it for my birthday because our trip had to start on 9/29 to get the free dining. Pushing it as far as I could, we are booked for 8 nights, leaving 10/7 (a few days before my birthday).
You may have read how sad I was when I realized we were just missing the first MNSSHP this year. So I am thrilled for next year! Not to mention my life long dream of enjoying the food & wine festival!

Where could we possibly be staying, I wonder? :confused:

HAHA, you guys look hysterical!! DBF is a major Halloween fan-- he spent approximately $200 on his costume last year :scared1: When I suggested he wear it again this year, he looked at me in disgust. Glad to hear SOME PEOPLE don't think it's ridiculous to reuse costumes (I may have to show him your picture when he gets home from work)!
Spill it!! Where are you going to stay next year??

HAHA, you guys look hysterical!! DBF is a major Halloween fan-- he spent approximately $200 on his costume last year :scared1: When I suggested he wear it again this year, he looked at me in disgust. Glad to hear SOME PEOPLE don't think it's ridiculous to reuse costumes (I may have to show him your picture when he gets home from work)!
Spill it!! Where are you going to stay next year??

I can understand not wanting to re-use if you are going to be out and about with the same people... but we're taking this year off and will break 'em back out for the party next year. Maybe your BF can start a costume 'rotation'?

I love your halloween costumes!

Thank you very much! They were actually pretty comfortable, too (though I kept hitting people in the face with my horns :rotfl: )

I accomplished my trip related goals today! We are all checked in for the Poly and I am mostly packed! Just have some toiletries and a few other things to stick in my bag. This last minute packer has been reformed, folks! Now I start my 6 days straight off work. That is el stinko, but better if I look at it this way: on my next day off, we are going to Florida!

As I was going through our trip documents to get them all together, I saw our Universal stuff for the first time (Ben booked that part of the trip) and learned that our tickets are 'Park to Park' tickets! I just assumed we had to do one park a day. I think this will come in handy on our 3rd & 4th days at US. Yay!

I might have missed it, but I didn't see if you were feeling any better - any update? Especially going back to work for 6 days straight.

Love the viking costumes and hooray for booking for 2011!!! I'm so wanting to book but need to think about what vacations we can take next year. It will be DH and my 10 year anniversary next fall and we are hoping to go to Hawaii - Disney style of course :thumbsup2

I might have missed it, but I didn't see if you were feeling any better - any update? Especially going back to work for 6 days straight.

Love the viking costumes and hooray for booking for 2011!!! I'm so wanting to book but need to think about what vacations we can take next year. It will be DH and my 10 year anniversary next fall and we are hoping to go to Hawaii - Disney style of course :thumbsup2

Thanks for asking! My eye is much better, just very very bloodshot. It feels pretty normal, so I keep forgetting about it until I notice people looking at me funny. I am worried about being run down by the end of this work week... things have been crazy at the shelter lately!

We are planning on doing a small trip for our 1 year anniversary in April, then the week in WDW in the fall. I have a feeling we'll be skipping Disney for a bit after 2011...

10 years, congrats!! Hawaii would be a fantastic way to spend it! The new DVC resort looks amazing!

I made it through another crazy day at work- only four more to go till I get a blissful 12 days off (right now the time off work is just as important as the destination!) At least today was crazy in a good way- lots and lots of cats found homes!

I only have a couple days' plans left to share...

Day 10: Saturday, 9/11
Once again, not much of a plan to share, really:
The parks we visit in the morning will depend on what we've done so far this week. My guess is MK or DHS, but who knows?
I do know that we have a 7:45 dinner at Biergarten, so we will be in Epcot for the evening again.

I purposely left the last couple days loosely planned so that we feel like we have enough time for anything we might have missed earlier. Not to mention the fact that we are probably going to be exhausted at this point! I haven't forgotten about a DVC tour, we'll try to fit it in one towards the end of the trip.

I finally feel like the trip is close and I am extra happy that I packed so early- I come home from work so tired, all I want to do is fall right into bed. Right now I am killing time till it gets dark... it just seems wrong to go to bed with the sun still out!

Ben gets to spend the weekend rafting in Maine for a friend's bachelor party... so not fair!

I made it through another crazy day at work- only four more to go till I get a blissful 12 days off (right now the time off work is just as important as the destination!) At least today was crazy in a good way- lots and lots of cats found homes!

I only have a couple days' plans left to share...

Day 10: Saturday, 9/11
Once again, not much of a plan to share, really:
The parks we visit in the morning will depend on what we've done so far this week. My guess is MK or DHS, but who knows?
I do know that we have a 7:45 dinner at Biergarten, so we will be in Epcot for the evening again.

I purposely left the last couple days loosely planned so that we feel like we have enough time for anything we might have missed earlier. Not to mention the fact that we are probably going to be exhausted at this point! I haven't forgotten about a DVC tour, we'll try to fit it in one towards the end of the trip.

I finally feel like the trip is close and I am extra happy that I packed so early- I come home from work so tired, all I want to do is fall right into bed. Right now I am killing time till it gets dark... it just seems wrong to go to bed with the sun still out!

Ben gets to spend the weekend rafting in Maine for a friend's bachelor party... so not fair!

I honestly can't believe how close your trip is. If what gets me through my rough days is thinking that in just a little over a month I will be in Disney, I can't imagine how good it feels to say next week at this time...:goodvibes

Rafting sounds like so much fun! Lucky!

I'm glad to hear so many cats found homes. We love our cats. It's amazing how different their 2 personalities are. Our older one is more timid and shy and careful and our younger one is friendly and daring and DEMANDING. :laughing:

That's cool that you have 2-park tickets. That's one of the best things about Universal-- "park hopping" requires walking 5 minutes, as opposed to hopping on a bus and transferring at some resort and getting on another bus/boat/monorail!
Always a good idea to leave the last few days loose-- you can repeat favorites or go back to stuff you missed.

Yay for the trip next year being official! You're going to look amazing in those costumes! How funny that you keep wearing them every year! :lmao:

And about Epcot EMH...when we did them on our January trip it was one of my favorite moments of the trip. It was so peaceful walking through WS. I say enjoy some worldly beverages and just take the time to stroll. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter