What's easier: Shipping a package or using Garden Grocer?

My answer would be, it depends. We usually place a Garden Grocer order and get fresh fruit, milk, water, beer, wine and some other snacks for the room. Because of the perishables and the beer/wine, Garden Grocer is the way to go (or wegoshop is also good). But if we just need to ship something like an air mattress or some non perishable snacks, I will price out the difference to see which way to go.

We have done both and other than price there is no difference in the two. Both methods will have your stuff delivered to Bell Services and you can have them bring your stuff to you or you can go get it.

That's good to know that Garden Grocer will leave the package at Bell Services. I thought I had to wait around for the delivery.

Any good or bad experiences with either? I am torn as to which to do.

I agree with pp - if you want 'fresh' groceries, ie. milk, fruit, veggies, juice - I would go with Garden Grocer, otherwise price it out adding shipping charges and whichever is the least expensive (or hassle).

We had an excellent experience with Garden Grocer. It was nice to be able to get items that couldn't be shipped, including milk, fruit, yogurt, juice, etc. As others have said, bell services will accept the delivery for you, and will refrigerate the items until you arrive. You don't hvave to be present at delivery, but do need to send them a copy of your driver's license if you're ordering beer/wine.

GG does charge a delivery fee, but since you would pay to ship a box of snacks, you'd have a fee there, too. It's so easy to order from GG - you can even build a "shopping cart" and add/delete items before placing your order. Very handy!

For me, it's a no-brainer - GG all the way.

We alway do both.Always use Garden Grocer for things we can not ship (cases of water,cases of pop, sports drinks and drinks for kids,etc).We always make a list of what we are going to ship (snacks like pringles,breakfast bars,candy,several other things ) also anything we don't want to pack in our luggage because of the 50 pound limit like,shampoo,hairspray,extra hand wash,pop up hamper (fold flat and is great for everyone putting dirty clothes in),things we will take everyday in our backpacks,extra shoes,sunblock,beach towels,etc.We try and take alot of things that we will use all of and won't have to bring back.We always have more than one room booked,so we split the cost of everything.Also pack a couple of large Vera Bradley Duffle bags that fold flat and are very light to use as carry on's when coming home.We also leave a note for housekeeping (mouse keeping) to take anything unused and not opened, unless we find someone who might need it.This time we will be traveling with a 3 and 5 year old,so they will need different things that the 14 year old will not, so we will for sure be ordering from Garden Grocer.

We have used Garden Grocer the last several trips. Just returned last week. So far we have had good luck. They text and email when groceries are delivered plus called me to make sure I received everything I ordered. Order was delivered to Bell services and was delivered with our luggage to the room. Also wanted an item that I did not see on their website. Left an email they called and then called back with the price of the item. I found them easy to deal with and so easy to order from website. They have made it very easy.

We shipped a box via Amazon Prime Pantry with an outside delivery estimate for 8/25 with our arrival being 8/27. It has yet to show up. Still "On it's way" according to tracking. I loved this plan, but it didn't work out for us. We got crafty with our dining plan credits, and took advantage of the free water throughout the parks, so we made it work.

I see Garden grocer is always recommended...Anyone ever use Orlando Grocery Express? I get a free delivery code with my stroller rental and wondering if it is just as good?

Both methods will have your stuff delivered to Bell Services and you can have them bring your stuff to you or you can go get it.

Did OP say where they are staying? If you use UPS or FedEx to ship to a Disney resort which has a convention center, your package goes to the convention center. The outside vendor which manages the business office in the resort's convention center charges a handling fee.

I FedExed a package to Asnimal Kingdom Lodge's Jambo House (which does not have a convention center). It was held in a room behind the front desk, not Bell Services. Bell Services was not allowed to deliver it to my room. I had to go down to the front desk and either carry it back to the room myself, or have the front desk runner bring it to my room. Slightly more of a pain in the neck than it woukd have been if Bell Services had been allowed to bring it up to my room when I called down and asked them to bring up the luggage.

Garden Grocer deliveries to Disney resorts go to Bell Services, whether or not the resort has a convention center.

I have never shipped USPS, so can't answer questions about that.

One time our Garden Grocer delivery was missing several items, including bottled water. They delivered the missing items, but not until the next afternoon. So we couldn't take that bottled water with us on our arrival day or when we left the room to head to a park the next morning. They did, however, include several items in the first delivery which we did not order and could not use. I took those things back down to Bell Services in case the person who ordered them asked about them.

I've been to Disney twice and used Garden Grocer both times. My experience with them as been great! My first trip was a stay in the Treehouse Villa with my extended family. We had a lot of groceries including meat, ice-cream, etc. The groceries were there upon our arrival and Bell Services had stored our perishables and delivered them to our villa on a cart. The second trip was in a double room at POR. We got cereal, milk, fruit, drinks, and snacks. No problem with either. I highly recommend them and would definitely use their services again.

Did OP say where they are staying? If you use UPS or FedEx to ship to a Disney resort which has a convention center, your package goes to the convention center. The outside vendor which manages the business office in the resort's convention center charges a handling fee.

From the OP's Ticker I assumed they were staying at the Poly which does not have a convention center so I didn't mention it. But I probably should have for anyone else reading, thanks for the follow up!

Best Aunt said:
One time our Garden Grocer delivery was missing several items, including bottled water. They delivered the missing items, but not until the next afternoon. So we couldn't take that bottled water with us on our arrival day or when we left the room to head to apark the next morning. They did, however, include several items in the first delivery which we did not order and could not use. I took those things back down to Bell Services in case the person who ordered themasked about them.

It sounds like maybe that first order wasn't actually yours?

We ship UPS and they insure the package up to $100 for free and you get a tracking number. The will also pack it for you,but I always do my own.FYI shipping from the resort home cost alot more than shipping down to WDW,that's why we try and use up everything or give it away.But,on a good note,the gift shop at your resort will give you whatever size box you need and tape.I always return the tape for someone else to use.I have also packed a small packing tape in my package that I shipped down to WDW and even printed up my mailing address on several sheets of paper to put on the outside of the package,to save some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter