What's Next To Promenade Lounge?

M

MomTo2Princess

I'm about to book rooms #2607 and 2609 on deck 2. When I look at the deck plans, it looks like these rooms are under nothing (big gray area). What's really up there and should I expect lots of noise from upstairs?

What exactly is the Promenade Lounge? Sorry - a newbie on cruising so this may be a really stupid question to everyone else.

Thanks!

The promenade lounge on the Magic is on deck 3 imbetween the areas occupied by Animator's Palate and Lumiere's (2 of the the 3 rotation restaurants). Although there may be some foot trafffic during the transition near meal times, I can't imagine you would have a concern with late night or early am noises. We were on deck 2 for our first two cruises and didn't have any noise problems. Good Luck! P.S. The Promenade Lounge is just a quiet area for a drink and the computer area is in the same open area.

vixenslc - Thanks for your quick response. Do you by chance know what is the earliest time we can leave the ship on the last day (back at Port Canaveral)? The reason I ask is we're hoping to use our free mileage tickets, but the flight leaves at 10:35 a.m. We were thinking about hiring Towncar or some other car service on the way back to the airport.

Thanks!

From my experience the earliest time listed on the navigator is 8:00 a. m. However, Barb and Tony just returned from a recent cruise and due to the orange alert security status in the U. S. they and all passengers were required to show picture I.D. and a certified birth certificate (same documentation needed before you board) as they exited the ship. This padded their exit time by at least an hour. We usually are in the early dining which means you eat breakfast and leave first and I think the latest we were of the ship was 9:30. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by vixenslc [ However, Barb and Tony just returned from a recent cruise and due to the orange alert security status in the U. S. they and all passengers were required to show picture I.D. and a certified birth certificate (same documentation needed before you board) as they exited the ship. This padded their exit time by at least an hour. [/B]

We were on the 1/25 sailing, returned on 2/1, which was before the orange alert. We had to show our ID, in our case passports as we were leaving the ship. Also back in June we had to show our ID upon exiting the Pacific Princess.

I think a 10:35am flight would be to tight at normal times and I would not do it. Now it will probably take much longer to go through security, then it did on 2/1. Also we were able to check in for our flight at the dock, don't know if they will continue that, with the orange alert.

sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter