What's the Best Headliner Attraction?

What is the best headliner attraction in Walt Disney World?

• Tron Lightcycle Run

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Flight of Passage

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Rise of the Resistance

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Votes: 53 61.6%

• Total voters

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
After seeing a post about FoP versus SDD, I thought, what's the best attraction in all of Walt Disney World? To be fully honest, I have not been on GotG or Tron, so I can't answer this poll. But let me know what you think.

Between those four, that's a tough call. It's not TRON. I like Rise, but it's overrated. Guardians is great, but a little light on the theming once the ride gets going. I voted for FOP as the most immersive experience. It's also probably the best in that park, wheras I prefer other rides in the other parks. I mean, Haunted Mansion wasn't listed! I get this is for the new kids in town.

RotR. A comment from a guest of I'll try to do better" and "thank you" almost and I mean almost made CM break character. We weren't making eye contact. However, we were laughing so hard while trying to hold it in. It was a sight to see. Like when actors break character on SNL and everyone is holding it in. That experience alone was extra fairy dust. Never been on Tron or GotG so can't comment on them.

I’m not sure if it’s true, but a cast member said Tron cost 500 million to build and the second most expensive was GotG at 400. Tron is so short I can’t help but be disappointed. It would probably be second if it was twice as long. GotG is just great in theming, lighting, soundtrack, and the coaster itself is pretty darn good, so I put it first.

1 Guardians
2 Flight of Passage
--- a VERY large gap
3/4 either Tron/Rise are about the same for me (Tron if you like thrill rides or Tron in general, Rise if you like Star Wars)

Guardians is amazing and hits every note so perfectly, Flight of Passage is unlike any other rides there (though sometimes their glasses make too much of the scene blurry) I could ride either of them over and over and never get tired of them

Tron is good, but is way too short and feels underwhelming and unfinished. Starts great but I feel disappointed at the end every time.
Rise is good, but is mostly a large preshow with scenes and interactions for big Star Wars fans. The ride itself is underwhelming with bad looking animatronics, and many parts not running as intended (cannons not working, Kylo animatronic often going down, etc.) It's like Remy's with a little drop at the end lol.

I'm going with Hagrids!

But seriously, only rode 2 of the 4 so far, and I'm not a fan of either FoP or Tron. FoP would be ok if the glasses fit my head and the 3D showed up properly. Tron I found very uncomfortable, underwhelming, and short for a coaster. Much better options at SW and BG or Universal, and I'd rather ride Everest at Disney.

I give the edge to Flight for pure ear-to-ear grinning fun. I would vote Rise if it were more reliable and all elements worked, simply because I think it’s an incredible combo of features and great length to boot.

Guardians- amazing ride. Probably one of my favorites of all time in any park. Although I haven’t been on many rollercoasters in the last 20 years other than Disney.

Rise- out of the options, it becomes number 2. Not my favorite or really even a must ride for me, but I do enjoy the theming (and I’m not anti Star Wars but just not a fan). I like how they have so much tied together to the actual ride. From the LL merge point until the end your in an experience and I do think that’s cool.

Tron- like Rise not a must ride. I love the launch and the outside is cool, but it’s way too short and after about 20 seconds it’s not much fun. I’d rather ride Rise just because it’s longer and more immersive. Tron is probably a little more fun just so extremely short.

FOP- I said it in the other thread but it’s just uncomfortable for me. My legs were smashed and I felt like I was going to cramp the entire ride. I feel it’s a more immersive Soarin, but I’d rather ride Soarin. I thought FOP would be more fun from the hype.

Guardians, by a mile. Though if I was a huge Star Wars fan instead of a huge Marvel/coaster fan, then it might be a tough choice.

Oooh tough one. I picked Guardians, even though it often makes me queasy, but FoP is so close. It always makes me smile. Love it. Rise and Tron are great too. Guardians is so innovative, smooth, and with the music, just overall great attraction . ,

Last edited:
It is a tough call! GOTG is so different than FOP, but it's still FOP for us, with Guardians a close second for me (even though my spouse will never ride it again after getting sick!!). Tron is third and Rise is a very distant last for us - that just has never done anything for us. I know it's popular, but maybe it's because we're not big SW people.

GOTG for my fav ride
ROTR for fav experience

FOP I never got all the hype when it opened. I've tried riding it a few times when others want to & it's still just ok for me.

Tron I have ridden 2x. Apparently I don't get the hype for that ride either. Maybe if it was 2-3x longer?

I feel like Everest outpaces FOP for me. More thrills and I love the views.

I'd rank
1. Guardians
2. Everest (hehe). Ok, but FOP can go here
3. Tron
4. Rise

I LOVE starwars and rise just felt IDK, like too much pre show and not enough show show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter