Whats the weather doing today - Day 4

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
It was check out day for us at the Dream Castle and we were moving to the Newport Bay so we had a bit of a lie in today!

When we drew the curtains back it had stopped raining - yay!!!

When we arrived at the Newport Bay it was around 11am and it was total chaos in the reception area!

Luckily we had booked Admirals floor and were directed to the seperate check in area but it seemed ages to us before we were checked in!! We had a lovely room overlooking the lake and from our room at night you could see the fireworks going off so that in itself was a bonus!

We headed over to the Studios around lunchtime and it was heaving!! The sun was out and so was everyone else!! We tried having a look at the New Toy story playland but it was busy you could only move with the flow of people and on a couple of occasions we saw children trip and then get squashed by the crowd. I suffer from mild claustrophobia and by now I was panicking as I was getting squished and couldn't move around! So we had to fight out way out and then my mate spent about 15 mins trying to calm me down once we had got out!

We decided to leave the studios and pop to the park where we picked up Fast Passes for BTM, it was about 2pm now and the return time was 6.30pm!! We headed off to have lunch in one of our favourite counter restuarants - Cowboy Cookout! I prefer to eat little and often so I was able to order the kiddies meal here and it was perfectly acceptable for me!

After lunch we wandered around to Casey Junior and queued for about an hour to go on this ride, its so cute that my mate and I just have to do it everytime we go to Disney!

We then got an ice cream and just sat people watching for about half an hour before wandering over to do Star Tours, it was great but I wish that they could update the ride somehow!

We then explored a little around Skull Rock but couldn't do the suspension bridge as it was closed.

By now it was time for our BTM fast pass and as we got near we could see that the ride was down and we thought we wouldn't be able to ride it. Luck was smiling though *** as soon as we got to the fast pass entrance the ride suddenly opened and we were one of the first let through! By the time we had got to where the fastpass queue meets the regular queue the fastpass queue was right down to where the let you in for the fastpass entrance! Glad we were not in that queue!!

Once we had ridden BTM it was around 7.15pm we both decided to call it quits for the day as we were both pooped and a little big hungry but couldn't be bothered to dine in anywhere!! So we wandered back through the village, picked up some fries from Mcdonalds and sat by the lake eating them! Once we got back to the room we finished off eating some other snacks, had a bath each and then watched a movie on my mates DVD player! By now it was 11pm and we saw some bright light bursts from the room, these turned out to be the fireworks so we stayed up to watch them and then fell into bed exhausted!!:)

Yaayy it's stopped raining!

Toy Story Playland sounds a bit scary being so busy....was this on a weekend?

Sounds like you had another great day :goodvibes

It can get very scary when its so crowded that you can only go where everyone else is heading. :sad2:

How lovely to see the fireworks from your room! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter