what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

That is a tough one. There is a lot of bad food in Disney these days. :(

On my recent trip I would have to say the Chicken Stir Fry at the Asian station in Sunshine Seasons. It was full of cartilage and fat and was just tasteless.
I was very surprised since everything else at sunshine seasons is so good.

Of all time it would have to be a meal I had in the castle before it was a character dinner.
I would guess in the late 90's.
I recall ordering it and the waiter saying are you sure. That should have been my first clue.
All I can recall about it was that it was beef(?) and had a florescent purple sauce on it that looked almost as bad as it tasted. I took one bite and nearly lost it.
The waiter smiled and asked if I would prefer something else.
He then brought me a steak.
From this very poor description does anyone recall what it may have been?

Some sort of fish salad at the Biergarten. I thought it was potato salad and imagine my surprise when I bit into a potato only to find out it was a cold piece of fish - pickled herring perhaps?! It ruined Biergarten for me.

i think everyone has different tastes.... but here's my very picky insight.

((i had good experiences at abc comm and cantina de san angel... and kona was one of my best meals!!))

so to my ugh moments: i hated every bite at crystal palace. i have nothing good to say about the lack of options and poorly prepared dishes. the wait was long - even with an ADR.

i also thought the yak n yeti counter service was gross. the rice was one big dough ball and the honey chicken was barely covered in any sauce--tasteless.

can't wait to try some new places next time!!

:cheer2:

i think everyone has different tastes.... but here's my very picky insight.

((i had good experiences at abc comm and cantina de san angel... and kona was one of my best meals!!))

so to my ugh moments: i hated every bite at crystal palace. i have nothing good to say about the lack of options and poorly prepared dishes. the wait was long - even with an ADR.

i also thought the yak n yeti counter service was gross. the rice was one big dough ball and the honey chicken was barely covered in any sauce--tasteless.

can't wait to try some new places next time!!

:cheer2:

I agree with you on those two. They are bad IMO also.
The only meal that made me feel unwell on my last trip was yak n yeti counter service.
A lot of us agree on crystal palace. Where else is there to eat in MK though.
It is the same at Chef Mickeys. We go for the kids.
The food is rarely good at a Disney buffet, if most of them were not character meals they would not have a wait.

As for your other comments, I always go to Kona, it is one of the best.

When did you eat at abc comm and cantina de san angel?
I really liked cantina de san angel until they changed the menu in Aug\Sept.
I always liked the ABC Commissary until last march when it wasn't so good.

Years ago, I saw something that looked like a potato or apple salad on the buffet at the Biergarten. I took a big mouthful and gagged. It was actually a cold herring salad. (Ugh!) I still cannot bring myself to go back to that restaurant!

I didn't notice this post just above mine when I posted yesterday. So it WAS herring. I often wondered if I just imagined that it was fish. I'm with you! Everyone in my family loved Biergarten and I just can't get beyond that fish salad. It still makes me gag! Can't go back there!

The most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW was at the old Italian place in Epcot. Alfredo something or other?

But anyway, it was shrimp fra diavolo with pasta. The shrimp was funky, which made the sauce funky. Completely inedible. The service was terrible. I was not sad to see that restaurant go away.

One thing I absolutely thought was gross was the cheddar cheese soup at Whispering Canyon. So many others love it.

The thing that I hope is not even on the menu anymore was a jelled fruit with cream thing at Captains Grille in the Yacht Club, or is it the Beach Club.

Anyway, Its a cup of the most bitter, gooey, disgusting fruit that you have ever attempted to eat.

I was horrified. We were on the dining plan and already full, so I didn't send it back, but I didn't eat it either.

Hands down the worst food in all of Disney in my opinion is the scrambled eggs at the All-Star resorts. Oh. My. God. Worst eggs, worst food. Ever. Watery to the max :scared:

O Hana dinner. All of it. My DH and I both thought it was disgusting and felt ill the next day. Not food poisoning ill, just nasty, fatty, gross meat ill.

I also did not like the dole whips...but my dd had the swirled dole whip..I guess it has vanilla in it..that was much better.

We got some raspberry lemonade slushie thing at Magic Kingdom over by Aladdin.It was so tart. I tried to drink it just because it was expensive for a drink..but couldn't force it down.

My chicken parm at Mama Melrose left much to be desired. Dry and just not good.

I also did not like molten cake at CRT.It was dry and hard...blah

we had yak n yeti counter service ..some beef thing and it was pretty good..go figure

i'm glad it's not just me being picky... i'm the type to try anything at least once when it comes to food and i thought maybe i was just being overly critical feeling like the quality of food was declining in a lot of disney's restaurants. we've been going for years (since 1973 actually) but the last 3 years or so my husband and i just seem to keep commenting on what seems like a downward slide for a lot of food options. i've also noted things are skimpier in the club level lounges. i didn't like my meal at san angel either but it was about two years ago when i went so maybe things have changed. i guess a lot of it probably has to do with trying to cut costs. a lot of menus seemed to change when they introduced the ddp. it's a shame really, one of the best parts of doing a long vaca at wdw was being able to eat outside the box as my family call it. i love hearing everyones insights, we usually only tell each other the good side but forget to warn each other of possible pixie dust killers.

I am in agreement with the dole whip!!! I heard so much about them on the boards, I just had to have one and only one and never again.

I hope Disney is reading these and taking them to heart.

In the past few years we have noticed a serious decline in the quality of the food at the Disney restaurants. Places we used to love like O'hana's have disappointed us to the point where we are considering going off property to eat. It would be worth the walk/drive.

Our personal never do agains are Sci-Fi...cold awful consistently, San Angel Inn...they made the three strikes and you're out list, Nine Dragons changed the quality of the food apparently under new management and new dishware and the food went downhill, Tony's in MK has hit the three strikes and you are out list, Boma...my wife thought the buffet was awful, any pizza you order from Disney...hey....it ain't rocket science! Rose and Crown....don't pay to eat inside....the sidewinder has the same food for a third the price...and the amount of breading can vary widely....

Hollywood and vine we have had two good experiences in a row so we will try there again. The ABC commissary we have never tried so we can't comment on that.....Pinocchio Village Haus....used to have the best double cheeseburgers at Disney and now the food is at best edible.

Disney used to be a place for us to experiment and try new wonderful things and now they have us thinking about Mickey D's for a dinner as a better option.

Our two cents!

We ate at Garden Grill once and was grossed out with the
Fried Fish which tasted like Chicken fried steak.
I didn't care for any of the veggie which are supposed to
be fresh from the Land but the taste like they were fresh out
of a can.
Also Everything on the Chef Mickey Dinner Buffet--Yuck

Everything but the salad and dessert at Garden Grill was inedible. Everything we ordered at Maya Grill was DISGUSTING and I bought some kind of frozen pink and green Tinkerbell slushy thing that went straight in the trash.

I think that's pretty good considering we were on the dining plan for 8 days and those were the only nasty things we encountered!

Everything else was great, especially Grand Floridian Cafe, Captain's Grille, Teppan Edo, and Biergarten.

I am glad I am seeing this because I thought that I was the only one that didn't like most of the food there. We had the regular dining plan for 7 nights (not free) and the only place that had good food was CRT and I was thinking that that wasn't going to be good because of the reviews.

I was thinking that if people thought the food was so good what do you eat at home.

I am going to stay with what we normally did when we went and that was to go off site to nice restaurants. We usually did that on our day off or when some parks closed early.

I was not very fond of the turkey bacon wrap that I got at Cosmic Ray's in Magic Kingdom. I guess we (Hammy and I) expected more for the $9 we paid for it, oh well! I know it's pretty unfair to compare CS with TS but at our dinner at Les Chefs de France, we ordered their flatbread appetizer which was priced at about $10 and it was such an amazing, tasty and memorable dish; one of the highlights of our dining experience at Disney. We just couldn't believe the difference in quality/taste in food for approximately the same cost!

We havent been since August of 2008 but We had been at least once every year from 2001-2008 and maybe one or two bad meals...

The worst was probably...the CS in the American Pavillion

When I was there with my friend in august 2008 we ate at...ASSp food court, CP, 50s PT, Caseys Corner, Earl of Sandwich, LTT and Le Cellier....i don't think we had one bad meal during that trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter