What's up with Test Track?

In addition to the safety checks, it also goes down in the rain..... so add the two together....

While RSR is a MUCH better ride - I still love TT, too. I think it needs a length refurbishment with a new overlay - but I think its sticking around as a ride.
IMHO, the problem with TT 2.0 is they didn't revise it enough. All of the break runs and environmental checks don't make any sense with the new storyline. The original was basically an add for GM cars showing off all of their new safety features (anti lock brakes, rust protection, etc.). I'd love to see TT follow more of a race story line and RSR actually reach the speeds TT does. I guess you can't have it all so I should just be happy I've gotten to experience them both.

RSR has the same types of issues really and has been known to go down frequently enough. I chalk it up to the type of ride even though I really do enjoy both. I prefer the theme of Test Track 1.0 but like the designing of the cars and competition aspect to Test Track 2.0. RSR mimics that competition aspect.

We had an awful experience early on in the day on RSR in September with the ride going down after waiting for a long time. It actually went down twice while we were in line. One time they had to take a family from a car and put them in the next loading car--could be the seatbelts weren't working in their original car or some other sensor was going off.

Our first rope-drop, ever, was at Epcot last January. My girlfriend and I were very confused as to why only a handful of people split off to head to Test Track, but we continued to power walk anyway.

Well, when we finally got to Test Track, we realized why... total disappointment.

Below: Photo from that morning when we finished our power walk, only to find it was closed. Would've been nice if they told us at the rope!

f0foWZJ.jpg
That's what I don't get. The three times we've RD to find a broken TT no one said anything. It would be pretty helpful if they gave a heads up. Then we could all at least make RD more worthwhile and head somewhere else earlier instead of making this meaningless stop......

Sometimes it's not quickly enough but the app should reflect a closure. If it's during EMH it won't show though. If it's first thing in the morning it probably won't reflect it as quickly.

Not sure why this thread gets moved into the community section when it is addressing an attraction as well as strategy...

Our first rope-drop, ever, was at Epcot last January. My girlfriend and I were very confused as to why only a handful of people split off to head to Test Track, but we continued to power walk anyway.

Well, when we finally got to Test Track, we realized why... total disappointment.

Below: Photo from that morning when we finished our power walk, only to find it was closed. Would've been nice if they told us at the rope!

f0foWZJ.jpg

Looks like the guy on the right has three arms!

Yeah, it's always broken. The good thing about this is (if you can) it's an excellent FP to snag for the last ~45 minutes of your day. If it goes down, bonus fastpass for Epcot the next day! If it's working you get to ride it so it's a win/win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter