What's WDTC vs. CRO?

pwoodham

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
And how do I know if I'm talking to one or the other? It appears from recent threads there is a huge quality of service difference. Can someone please explain it to me?

WDTC = Walt Disney Travel Company. They mostly deal with packages that include room, tickets, airline tickets, transportation from airport, etc. Their booking policy requires a $200 deposit with final payment due 45 days before your trip. I think you have to cancel 45 days before as well to get a full refund.

CRO = Central Reservations Office. They do book packages, but you can also book room only reservations through them. They require a deposit equal to one night's lodging (at least from what I remember). You don't have to make your final payment until you are at your resort. Their cancellation policy is up to 5 days before your trip.

I think you can book room only with either one and packages with either one. Hopefully some other folks will have some more info for you. Hope this helped to scratch the surface.

It seems the only way to tell if you are talking to CRO or WDTC is to ask them. There is also a pool of CMs that handle the overflow from either one (or so they have told me) and that's why you have to ask. If you get a 12 digit reservation number you know you are working with CRO.

Here is a link to some more information

CRO vs WDTC

and this one

CRO vs WDTC

Ed

It isn't the service that is different, it's the policies. The key to making your reservation isn't who you talk to, it's what you want. Let's say you are looking to book a room only reservation.

WDTC CM's will automatically book you as a WDTC Basic Package which will include the room and an admission to either WWoS or a round of mini-golf. This will come under the regular policies of WDTC - $200 deposit, balance due in full 45 days prior to arrival, and varying cancellation penalties after that 45 day date.

But you can ask that same WDTC agent to have the same reservation made through CRO. You will then get a room ONLY, no extras. But you'll also get the balance due at check in and up to 5 days prior to cancel with no penalty.

If you are using a code (CFQ, ZBTW, etc.) or a DC discount when booking, then you have no choice in who books it. It can only be booked one way. You can beg, plead and cry but you can't change it because it's only available in the computers one way.

Bottom line: room only reservations can be made through either. You just have to ask for it to go through CRO if that's what you want. Codes and packages are not as flexible.

BUT, if you are a disney club member you get better terms on the package. The deposit is only $100 dollars and the balance isn't due until 21 days out and you can still get a refund 10 days or 5 days out (I can't remember which).

Originally posted by GoldenOldie
If you are using a code (CFQ, ZBTW, etc.) or a DC discount when booking, then you have no choice in who books it. It can only be booked one way. You can beg, plead and cry but you can't change it because it's only available in the computers one way.

Who books it with the DC discount? Is it true that if you book a room with the DC disount that it will automatically include the mini-golf or sports admission?

TIA!!!

Originally posted by jmkst58

Who books it with the DC discount? Is it true that if you book a room with the DC disount that it will automatically include the mini-golf or sports admission?
DC discounts can ONLY be booked through WDTC. That means you will get the Basic Package which includes mini-golf or sports admission. You have no choice in that.

corndog:
You are correct. I didn't go into DC specifics because that wasn't part of the OP's question. betterlatethannever already posted this link to the CRO/WDTC info but I'll put it up again for all to read. WDW Resort Reservation Payment Policies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter