what's your must eat at restaurant?

The first one we book is Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. Every trip for years. We started going when the oldens grands were 8 & 9 years old. They are 21 & 22 now & it is still the first request.
I see Askerhaus will be re opened on our trip this year. Breakfast there was always a favorite for one of my daughters.

Garden Grill. My son and I have eaten there every trip (originally started because he was going through a fascination with Chip and Dale the first time I took him to Disney). I had never eaten there prior to the first time I took him, it had never sounded very interesting to me, but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. The food has never disappointed me and due to the way the dining area is set up (big circle with one "row" of tables), the character interactions are absolutely top-notch. I haven't eaten at all of the character dining locations, but of the ones that I have eaten at, it's been the best for character interactions by-far. Everyone gets a "front row" seat to meet the characters and you get to see them multiple times throughout the meal. The CM's have also always been truly lovely to us there.

I notice no one has said Hollywood and Vine.... I haven't eaten there in years, but perusing menus it seems like they have some interesting new menu items. Worth $60 though? 🤷‍♀️

We have a couple, we always do Yachtsmen for dinner one night and we try to do Kona Cafe for breakfast on the day we leave.

The one restaurant we have been to every single trip (except our very first trip) is California Grill. I’m thinking about (gasp!), skipping it and trying somewhere we have not been in a while. But, I think I may have a mutiny in my hands.

Nomad’s is a must for us for the drinks. The food is tasty, but it’s appetizers. We have drinks and an app and then head to Satuli for food.

LOL, it seems like every time we declare a "must-do" restaurant, Disney jacks up the price, cuts the entertainment, changes the service style, and/or blandifies the menu to remove all the reasons we liked it in the first place.

Two of our favorites that have endured are Yak & Yeti (for lunch on our AK day) and Raglan Road (for our first or last dinner), which have never let us down, and on our EPCOT days, my husband almost always asks to go back to San Angel Inn. We ask for a waterside seat (and explain we're happy to wait as long as it takes), and the beautiful view of the water in the perpetual twilight inside the Mayan Pyramid makes the food almost an afterhought.

Yachtsman is our must do every trip. We are breaking our tradition to do Shula's Steakhouse only (we've eaten there before too) but it feels wrong LOL

Boma breakfast is another

Last edited:
What's with people adding apostrophes to restaurant names?

LOL, it seems like every time we declare a "must-do" restaurant, Disney jacks up the price, cuts the entertainment, changes the service style, and/or blandifies the menu to remove all the reasons we liked it in the first place.

Two of our favorites that have endured are Yak & Yeti (for lunch on our AK day) and Raglan Road (for our first or last dinner), which have never let us down, and on our EPCOT days, my husband almost always asks to go back to San Angel Inn. We ask for a waterside seat (and explain we're happy to wait as long as it takes), and the beautiful view of the water in the perpetual twilight inside the Mayan Pyramid makes the food almost an afterhought.
We are trying Yak & Yeti for the first time on our upcoming trip...we usually just do Satu'li, maybe a late Tusker House breakfast once in a blue moon, but we wanted to mix it up a little since we have two days at AK planned this time given the length of our trip. I got a Landry's card for it ahead of our sadly doomed May 2020 trip and still have a discounted gift card + my birthday reward.

We are trying Yak & Yeti for the first time on our upcoming trip...we usually just do Satu'li, maybe a late Tusker House breakfast once in a blue moon, but we wanted to mix it up a little since we have two days at AK planned this time given the length of our trip. I got a Landry's card for it ahead of our sadly doomed May 2020 trip and still have a discounted gift card + my birthday reward.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We have the Landry's card as well, and enjoy the freedom of being able to eat at Yak & Yeti without an ADR, on our own schedule. :)

We really like Yak & Yeti! The Landry's card is really nice to have

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter