Wheelchair on tender boats at Grand Cayman

Susan Prescott

Cool Cruiser
Hi, we'll be going on the 7 day western cruise next month. We are traveling with a friend who has muscular dystrophy and is in a large wheelchair, which he cannot transfer out of during the day. Does anyone know if the tender boats at Grand Cayman are handicap accessible. Steve would just like explore the island a little bit. He is not interested in any of the excursions.

Thanks.

Sue

Hmmm, wish I knew the answer, and will be interested in seeing responses. I believe on Deb Wills' AllEarsNet.com there was a link about accessible travel, referring to cruising in particular.

I hope you find good info.

No, the tenders to Grand Cayman are not accessible to anyone unable to transfer out of their chair. I remained on the ship that day. Key West, however was a nice stop and if you do the Train/Trolley tour on your own they have a trolley that is accessible with a large Ricon lift in the rear. He'll be able to get off the ship at Cozumel but unable to go into the city. There's a small shopping area nearby and a few of the shops are accessible but most are not. Carlos and Charlie's, for example, has a ramp but it's too short and steep to actually use it. Hope this helps. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter