When and where to register for onboard activities?

Disneydeluxe

Earning My Ears
Hello, first time Disney cruiser and a little clueless. Our family cruise isn’t until March 2020.

When will we know what types of events will be occurring on the ship during the 3 at sea days? And where will we find the list?

Once they become available do we reserve on ship activities and excursions directly in the Disney Cruise Mobile app?

I’m sure this has been asked before but I didn’t see.

Thank you, excited for the cruise.

Hello, first time Disney cruiser and a little clueless. Our family cruise isn’t until March 2020.

When will we know what types of events will be occurring on the ship during the 3 at sea days? And where will we find the list?

Once they become available do we reserve on ship activities and excursions directly in the Disney Cruise Mobile app?

I’m sure this has been asked before but I didn’t see.

Thank you, excited for the cruise.
You can look at the DCL website and get an idea of what sorts of port adventures (excursions) are usually offered on your cruise.

You can look at past Navigators here: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ to get an idea of what sorts of activities were offered on past cruises like yours.

Any onboard activities that you can pre-book will usually be done during the online check in process at 75 days out. That's when the window opens for first time DCL cruisers.

Beginning around midnight Eastern time 75 days before your cruise, you will be able to log into your account (using your reservation number) on either the Disney Cruise website or the Disney Cruise app to book activities. I am not sure if it's required to have a Disney online name and password (which will be the same as for Disneyland and Walt Disney World, if you already have an account from previous trips), but it wouldn't hurt to create one if you don't already have one. Then you can make sure that your reservation is linked to your account.

You should be able to see basic information about your reservation now, but you won't have the ability to book activities until your booking window opens. You will then be able to click the booking link and see the options available for each day of your cruise. You can then select activities to book for you and your family.

When your booking window opens (and possibly a few hours earlier), you will also be able to complete online check-in, providing DCL with information about your travel plans, passport numbers if you are using passports, and payment method for the onboard account. You'll be able to register kids 12 or under for kids' clubs, and select a Port Arrival time. It is not necessary to complete online check-in before booking activities.

As PrincessShmoo mentioned, you can look at the Port Adventures and onboard activities pages on the Disney Cruise website to get an idea of what might be available on your cruise.

Many daily activities are simply just show up activities. No booking required. They'll be listed in the daily Navigator/on the Navigator app. They'll range from cooking demos, to trivia, to various talks or informational sessions (e.g., top 10 animation innovations made by Disney), to movies, etc. We usually pick out 4-5 per day and end up going to 1-2 as we decide that it's far too much trouble to get off our chairs and walk there. There's also occasionally music playing in various locales (lounges usually) and they're often noted in the Navigator. Other than port adventures, there's only a few things you need to sign up for on the website prior to the cruise and only a few things that you might sign up for when actually on the cruise. And they'll tell you how to do it (e.g., go to Guest Services, go to a particular lounge).

As PrincessShmoo stated, https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ is a great place to view past activities.
On the same page, look on the left column for Find Your Cruise.

Select the ship, month, year of your sailing and click Find Cruise.
The next screen will show the cruises for the particular ship, month and year.
From there, click on your exact date and it will show the exact date you can start booking excursions.
Plus other interesting items.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy!

Thank you all for the great and helpful information. I assume the activities that do not require registration are first come first serve and may fill up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter