When can we go, when can we go, when can we go?

HHMcG

DIS Veteran
I can't believe I am starting a pre-trip report.

Another trip to WDW was not on our family's horizon. Well, it still isn't on their's, just mine! So I don't have any details yet but I needed a place to jot down all my ideas. I hope this is the right place to do it.
:wizard:

So who are we:

ME - Heather - Mom, wife, part time engineer, lover of Mickey and Minnie (previous visits ’81, ’86, Feb ‘97, May ’99, Jan ‘04, Jan '10)
DH - Bill, Dad, husband, patient saint, full time engineer (previous visits ’79, Feb ‘97, May ’99, Jan ‘04, Jan '10)
DD(4) - Lucy, 'babydoll', sensitive, growing up too fast, lover of EVERYONE though thankfully not princess obsessed (yet) (previous visit Jan '10)
DS(2) - Jack, 'bubba', cuddly tough guy, lover of Aerial, Minnie, Micky and all things Toy Story (previous visit Jan '10)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So as you can see our first family trip was this past Jan. DH and I love Disney and expected to go back every 2-3 years with the kids. But the trip was SO magical and the kids loved it SO much that we left thinking we need to get back "sooner". Well, sooner to me means NOW. Not sure what DH is thinking. I may need to work on him a bit.
So my original thought for our next trip was fall 2011. That would be over 1½ years since our last trip. "Sooner" but reasonable. Then I realized OMG DD will be in school then. Plus we are hoping to have another addition to our family by then, that would make it a trip for 5 including an infant, a completely different trip then last time. Hmmm, maybe we should squeeze in a quick trip before we 'expand'. Which leaves us with Fall 2010 or Jan/Feb 2011. Now will DH go for it?

I've been considering where I want to stay. The Dis has exposed me to lots resorts I would have never considered. And our previous trips have got me thinking...
- Value - what we usually do. I am not a big spender and we usually spend so much time at the park it suits us. Last time we stayed in a family suite and that was great. It will be a necessity later if our family grows.
- BC/YC/Boardwalk - love the idea of being able to walk/boat to EPCOT & HS. But we aren't huge EPCOT fans and it was completely lost on the kids. Maybe when they get older. Save this for a later trip.
- Poly/Mods - no interested, the themeing just doesn't appeal to me
- GF - this is the ultimate to me. My family stayed here for 1 night in 1986 and in my memory it is the most amazing place. But I think it needs to be saved for an adult only trip - maybe a future anniversary trip for DH and I.
- AKL/FWL/FWC - I'd like to try 'sometime'.
- Contemporary - Love the onsite restaurants. Love the monorail access to MK. At this age the kids LOVE MK, could spend every day there. If we go again as a family of 4, I am leaning towards this.

I love the Contemporary, you should definitely stay there! Like you said it will be real nice with small kids and the monorail. Also the pool there is great and lots of options for water activities. Look into the different room options there, garden wing/tower! HAVE FUN PLANNING!! I always have to get my ideas together before presenting them to my DH, that way I can get him excited and there's no way he can say no! :rotfl:

I know you said you were not interested in the mods, but I have stayed at CSR 3 different times and I love it! The pool is GREAT, and the food court is even BETTER - so many options. What value did you stay at? We stayed at POP June 09 and really enjoyed it too! We have a trip booked for this DEC/JAN and are staying at POR, our 1st time there, we are super excited. Good luck choosing!!

I have a PTR started too...its never too early, right?! :goodvibes

Kammie :wizard:

I love the Contemporary, you should definitely stay there! Like you said it will be real nice with small kids and the monorail. Also the pool there is great and lots of options for water activities. Look into the different room options there, garden wing/tower! HAVE FUN PLANNING!! I always have to get my ideas together before presenting them to my DH, that way I can get him excited and there's no way he can say no! :rotfl:

I know you said you were not interested in the mods, but I have stayed at CSR 3 different times and I love it! The pool is GREAT, and the food court is even BETTER - so many options. What value did you stay at? We stayed at POP June 09 and really enjoyed it too! We have a trip booked for this DEC/JAN and are staying at POR, our 1st time there, we are super excited. Good luck choosing!!

I have a PTR started too...its never too early, right?! :goodvibes

Kammie :wizard:
Thanks for visiting my PTR. I'll have to stop over at yours next. I am currently jealous of anyone who has actual dates for their next trip.

We have stayed at all the values. I don't really have a preference. They all suit me - inexpensive and at WDW!!

You'll have to forgive me for disappearing from this report for days at a time. I usually only post from work and I only work part time, 3-4 days/week. My days off I usually don't get on the computer much, too busy running after the little ones.

I think I got more ammunition for my argument to convince DH to pull the trigger on the next Disney trip. This weekend DH's sister mentioned that they are hoping to go back to Disney next Feb. (They just got back from a trip last week.) Now I think it would drive us crazy to go with them. (Love them but they are 'organizationally challenged' compared to us.) But DH knows I would die if they went back again before us. :rotfl:

Dining

We didn't love the DDP last visit. It just gave us more then we needed. So unless we get some great deal I think we will skip it. Pay out of pocket and only hit the TS that we really want. A couple I want to consider:
Crystal Palace - must do - it was closed for renovations our last trip. Got to fit it in while the kids are still young enough to love Pooh and friends. And I love to do MK breakfast before the park opens.
Chef Mickey - buffet/family style works good for our family. Get to see the big 5. May try it for dinner instead of breakfast this time.
O'hana - our favorite, could do it every visit
Whispering Canyon - we've never been but it sounds similar to O'hana with entertainment
Hollywood & Vine - possibility while the kids are still young enough for the Playhouse Disney characters
Cape May Cafe - I've heard great things about their character breakfast buffet or was that 1900 Park Fare - see this is why I need a place to jot down all my ideas!
Tony's Town Square/The Plaza - both of these just seem like our casual style
I also want to consider doing TS at lunch. It may fit into our schedules better

Since we may not do DDP I think we will be eating more CS. I want a place to keep track of the 'better' CS options.
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop Location: Disney's Beach Club Resort
La Cantina De San Angel
Casey's Corner
El Pirata y el Perico Restaurant - if it is ever open while we are there
Flame Tree Barbeque
Main Street Bakery - as if I need reminding
Sunshine Season Food Fair Location: The Land Pavilion

Good luck in convincing DH to go to Disney. My boyfriend and I are going in November for 9 glorious days!!! I can hardly wait, we have already made all our plans and all our ADR. We are both huge Disney nuts and talk about our trip all the time!!!

Man, I'm good at disappearing...but I'm back.

I managed to convince DH that we need to plan a trip. :yay: And we have a better time line for everything because we found out we are pg with #3! :dance3: It is still early so knock-on-wood that all goes as planned. I am due April '11.
We have decided that for us traveling while pg is better then with an infant. That means late Nov., early Dec or early Jan for out trip. :yay: I can't believe we will be going back in less then a year. That is crazy for us.
We plan to stay at the Contemporary. So I am waiting for a good deal to come out in one of our months and then I will book. I am hoping for 40% off room or the 4/3 deal. We should be able to manage one of those in the 3 months we are considering. The free dining being offered now doesn't do it for us.
Now I just have to sit back and wait. Easier said then done. And I will be freaking out about making last minute ADRs. But the only thing we have to get is Crystal Palace for breakfast before the park opens.

:yay: I am so happy with all the deals that were announced!!!! :yay: I plan to take advantage of the 40% off room.
Now we just need to decide when. I am leaning towards Jan, actually over DD birthday. It just gives us more time to plan and there are more rooms available. DH is thinking about it.
I am also debating which room to get. Garden Wing (cheapest) - or - Tower with Magic Kingdom view. Is it really worth $100/night to be able to see Wishes from our room every night? It may be worth it. The kids are usually getting ready for bed right around then, so we probably would be in our room to see them most nights.

We will decide soon and then book the room. I figure we have until 45 days out to cancel incase the pregnancy gets rough or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter