• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Disney Club is Gone.........

DW mouser

DIS Veteran
Do you think they will have better packages or offer some special discounts to old club members or do nothing at all? I've heard something about a credit card but what will the perks be. I mean, a credit card is a credit card unless you get some disney perks for using it. If it's a reward system thing and you have to pay extra for the reward system, will it really be worth it? Has anyone heard anything? Mine runs out in May. Wondering if I should try to get a new one or let it drop with the chances of something else being offered that's just as good.

If the credit card rumors are true (and I really believe they are), I will look into the rewards program. If it's not worthwhile, I'll rely on the AAA and AP discounts. But I really liked the Disney Club because I shop at the Disney store a lot. AS far as other kinds of packages, I'm not counting on it.

I coulcn't even begin to tally how much my disney club card has saved me at the disney store either at the mall or online. We are a huge Disney lovers family and my 3 yr old wears nothing unless it has Buzz on it.

I never use credit cards always use my debit card or cash, so I'm not really interested in a credit card. I wonder if it will be automatically given or will they have to determine our credit worthiness. Who needs it.

Well I'm a DC member and I do use a cc but I also live in the UK so I have lost out because apparently the Disney CC isnt going to be available here. And I'm not the only person over here that'll be upset.

I won't be applying for the Disney Credit Card, and wouldn't accept one if offered. I don't believe in using credit cards. I'm very disappointed in this decision by Disney corporate people, but, perhaps in time, they will see the error of their ways. Not everyone believes in spending beyond their income, even for Disney stuff!

Beth

That's right! Atleast you guys have a choice whether to get the CC or not, I'm in the UK too and when the DC goes, it's gone for good :(

As it is though, I probably fare better than others, I am a DVC'er so can still get my 10% at Disney Stores, but I will miss that AP discount which in turn, entitles me to the room discounts etc, and I most certainly will miss my Disney magazine :(

Lizzie64, my 4 year old is the same way-- he even insists on the Buzz underwear!

I wonder if the CC will offer the 10% discount at the stores? Probably not. I wonder if anyone will get the 10% other than DVC?

Saturday97,

Mine too underwear and socks. Even his shoes, I have sent to me from WDW mail order. We bought them when we were at the world 2 years ago and I keep ordering them for him. I don't know what I'll do when he reaches size 11. they stop at 10.

I've never seen the shoes. I'm sure if he sees them on our April trip, we'll have to get those too. After size 10, I guess you and I will be sewing patches on blank shoes!!

Whilst obviously I'm a big Buzz fan myself ;) Could we try and keep the thread on topic for the OP?

Thanks guys :)

Originally posted by BethC1952
I won't be applying for the Disney Credit Card, and wouldn't accept one if offered. I don't believe in using credit cards. I'm very disappointed in this decision by Disney corporate people, but, perhaps in time, they will see the error of their ways. Not everyone believes in spending beyond their income, even for Disney stuff!

Beth

Something to think about would be to use the CC for stuff that you were going to purchase anyway. This way you get the points. When the bill comes in pay it off in full. This way you are not spending beyond your income. You should not assume that everyone that uses a credit card is spending beyond their incomes. If you follow the approach of just charging things that you have to purchase anyway and then pay off in full you are actually getting rewarding for buying things you have to buy anyway.

Just something to think about.

Tiffany, I agree! I charge everything and pay it off at the end of the month. With big purchases from the family money, that we know we cant pay right off(like trips), we charge it, the move it to our home equity loan. Again, we pay no interest on our cc, but a low, tax deductible interest on the home equity loan after the first month. So, a CC with a rewards program would work great for us. I also believe people who dont usually like CCs could make it work for them...as long as they use it correctly. Only charge what you know you CAN & WILL pay off, and you will be fine.

It's the same for us. I don't like the credit card hassle that some people get into but I also don't know how you can buy online, ect. without one. We use Am. Ex. and pay it off each month.This month I had our airline tickets on there and it was over $2,500 but I sent $4,000 because I knew my room charges and DW tickets would be on the next month. I know some people would say I should of waited because my money could of been left in my money market, but I like to keep it all up and have it all paid for before we go to DW. There's always food or something I've bought at DW when I come home. I probably would get a DW credit card if there were some perks for DW resort rooms, but if not I would just stick with what I have. That's the reason I was thinking they may make it more tempting for people to get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter