When do discounts go "live"?

SJSloan

DIS Veteran
After Disney announces a discount, when is the discount bookable? Midnight, 6am, 7am, "who knows"?

I am already on the look-out for Free Dining in December 2016 and I know historically it is at the end of April/early May so I have a while. The general public will have a week notice since it is usually offered to Disney Visa card holders first correct?

If discounts are bookable beginning at midnight, then would it be better if I book a new reservation with Free Dining (or whatever discount) and then call to cancel a current reservation, rather than wait for the dreaded 7am mark and attempt the call for 2 hours?

Thanks!

I think the best answer is "when ever Disney is ready". I have seen discounts come out as early as 12:01 am, and I have booked that early. I always book room only, and I prefer to book online because I hate having to call. Having said that, I didn't see the last round of general public discounts until just before 6am and I had checked numerous times during the night.

Thanks for the info. That was the answer I was expecting to get, but just wanted to make sure. Whenever the time comes I will just make sure I check frequently starting at midnight. I may have to call off work the next day...

Thanks for the info. That was the answer I was expecting to get, but just wanted to make sure. Whenever the time comes I will just make sure I check frequently starting at midnight. I may have to call off work the next day...
We are up early here, I've occasionally noticed things posted around 4 or 5AM EST. It kind of depends, as mentioned above.
If I saw something that worked resort and price wise online, I would book it. I'd call WDW in a day or two to cancel the extra.

We are up early here, I've occasionally noticed things posted around 4 or 5AM EST. It kind of depends, as mentioned above.
If I saw something that worked resort and price wise online, I would book it. I'd call WDW in a day or two to cancel the extra.

Thank you! That was my plan but always wondered why so many others just wait until 7 when the phone lines open to "modify" and hope that free dining is available before they got through.

Do you just check Disney web site every day at midnight? How do you find out new discounts are posted? We are hoping for free dining in Sept 2016....can you just add it to your existing reservation or do you have to re-book it? Thanks!

Do you just check Disney web site every day at midnight? How do you find out new discounts are posted? We are hoping for free dining in Sept 2016....can you just add it to your existing reservation or do you have to re-book it? Thanks!

Promotions are often available to Disney Visa holders a few days before they're opened to the public, in which case it'll definitely be posted here on DISboards, although I wouldn't expect to see free dining for next September until next summer. You would have to call to have it added to an existing reservation, but there would have to be availability at your resort for your dates because there are only a limited number of rooms available under any discount, plus some resorts aren't included.

Promotions are often available to Disney Visa holders a few days before they're opened to the public, in which case it'll definitely be posted here on DISboards, although I wouldn't expect to see free dining for next September until next summer. You would have to call to have it added to an existing reservation, but there would have to be availability at your resort for your dates because there are only a limited number of rooms available under any discount, plus some resorts aren't included.

Thanks! I do have a Disney Visa - so hopefully that will help out! :D

Where will new promotions be posted on this site? Hoping for October 2016 free dining! Wasn't sure if I have to be lucky to find it in a thread or would it be posted somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter