When do reservations open at Trader Sam's?

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
Do the reservations at Trader Sam's open at 60 days like the parks?
I would imaging that they have their own time table but thought I would check.

If they do, anyone know when they drop?

They open at 60 days ahead of time. They are very hard to come by, if you want a reservation for a specific date and time I would wholeheartedly suggest getting up in order to book at the 6am PST opening for the calendar day you need.

Do the reservations at Trader Sam's open at 60 days like the parks?
I would imaging that they have their own time table but thought I would check.

If they do, anyone know when they drop?
We had no problem getting bar for 2 just walk-up on a Thursday evening. We got there around 5:45, and were quoted an hour wait, but it was less than 45 minutes. We browsed the shops, and realized they had already sent us a text that our spot was ready! When we got there, it was a little wait to get seated, but we were inside and with menus by 6:30.

Edited to add: this was 6/9 so recent, but not on a weekend. There are some reports that the walk-up list isn't always available.

They open at 60 days ahead of time. They are very hard to come by, if you want a reservation for a specific date and time I would wholeheartedly suggest getting up in order to book at the 6am PST opening for the calendar day you need.
I second this - Trader Sams is a bit of a walk from the Parks and Very limited seating inside. I would say get a reservation, which is also a much better chance of being seated inside where all the fun is. For just the "outside" ambiance, you can just grab something at nearby counter walkup.

I was able to reserve dining before 6am PST. It varies, but I was able to reserve around 7am EST on some of my reservation days.

I honestly didn't think Trader Sam's is open at 60 days for advance reservations - when you go to search for dining reservations (all locations) it doesn't even appear as an option like all of the other restaurants/fireworks parties/etc. I believe they only have the virtual wait list that you have to sign up for there outside the closed bar. Can anyone confirm? I've seen on blogs and other places that with the bar opening at 3 p.m., some people are even inline at 2 p.m. so they can be on the list to get in first. We were thinking of going on Labor Day before our Halloween Party Tickets - arriving at 2 p.m. in hopes to get in the first wave at 3 p.m. for a fun drink to kick off the night.

I honestly didn't think Trader Sam's is open at 60 days for advance reservations - when you go to search for dining reservations (all locations) it doesn't even appear as an option like all of the other restaurants/fireworks parties/etc. I believe they only have the virtual wait list that you have to sign up for there outside the closed bar. Can anyone confirm? I've seen on blogs and other places that with the bar opening at 3 p.m., some people are even inline at 2 p.m. so they can be on the list to get in first. We were thinking of going on Labor Day before our Halloween Party Tickets - arriving at 2 p.m. in hopes to get in the first wave at 3 p.m. for a fun drink to kick off the night.
I can confirm that the reservations for Trader Sams open at the 60 day mark at 0600 PST

I’ve gotten multiple reservations. They are gone within a minute sometimes

We have had good luck with walk up, but there are just two of us. I'm guessing a larger party might have a harder time.

Thanks. Yep - we are a party of 5 (with kids, so the before - 8 p.m. rule would apply, even if it wasn't Halloween Party night for us.). We may go early and take our chances :)

If you dont get a reservation, give walk up a try. I went mid-late afternoon on a weekday a couple weeks ago and got seating inside after only a 15-20 min wait.
Yes, and also try signing up for dining notifications. There are a few non-Disney companies that let you sign up for Disney dining alerts so that if someone cancels a reservation you are looking for, they'll send you an alert. You do have to be fast at grabbing them. I used the one that starts with Mouse (we're not allowed to link it) and a lot of Trader Sam's reservations opened up within the last couple of days before my trip. I'd gotten a couple alerts before that but was never quick enough to snag one earlier, I think because they didn't show up often and would just randomly come through so by the time I did see them they were already gone. In the days close to my trip, though, I was checking a lot and would see that I had a dining alert, know that I only had it for TS's, and immediately go to Disneyland.com dining (I often had it up on my desktop already) and try to grab it. I was successful a few times but only needed one so I didn't complete the others, just looked to see if they were still available out of curiosity.

Thanks. Yep - we are a party of 5 (with kids, so the before - 8 p.m. rule would apply, even if it wasn't Halloween Party night for us.). We may go early and take our chances :)
I read that the reservations are often for even numbered parties, so look for 4 or 6.

I just booked 60 days out this morning for a party of 3.

Yes I was up at 3AM Pacific. But I got it!

Yes, and also try signing up for dining notifications. There are a few non-Disney companies that let you sign up for Disney dining alerts so that if someone cancels a reservation you are looking for, they'll send you an alert. You do have to be fast at grabbing them. I used the one that starts with Mouse (we're not allowed to link it) and a lot of Trader Sam's reservations opened up within the last couple of days before my trip. I'd gotten a couple alerts before that but was never quick enough to snag one earlier, I think because they didn't show up often and would just randomly come through so by the time I did see them they were already gone. In the days close to my trip, though, I was checking a lot and would see that I had a dining alert, know that I only had it for TS's, and immediately go to Disneyland.com dining (I often had it up on my desktop already) and try to grab it. I was successful a few times but only needed one so I didn't complete the others, just looked to see if they were still available out of curiosity.
I’ve never heard of this! Good to know for future trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter