When does current promotion end?

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
We just added at the Grand Floridian and our last payment will hit our CC on 9/3. I kinda recall some folks waiting until near the end of the current promotion so they can switch to the new one if it is better. When does the current promotion end?

We just added at the Grand Floridian and our last payment will hit our CC on 9/3. I kinda recall some folks waiting until near the end of the current promotion so they can switch to the new one if it is better. When does the current promotion end?
Doesn’t the 10 day period start after you sign the papers and not the last payment? I could be wrong on that.

yes, from when you sign....
That is what I thought but the Disney person said contract doesn’t close until last payment is made. I thought I also read someone saying they were able to change promotions since that haven’t made the last payment. I can’t find the post but i thought someone bought before current promotion but was able to change to this promotion. Either way, I am happy with the deal I got and can’t imagine the next promotion being much better by much but you never know.

That is what I thought but the Disney person said contract doesn’t close until last payment is made. I thought I also read someone saying they were able to change promotions since that haven’t made the last payment. I can’t find the post but i thought someone bought before current promotion but was able to change to this promotion. Either way, I am happy with the deal I got and can’t imagine the next promotion being much better by much but you never know.
Yes, while not guaranteed, if the contract(s) have not closed, DVC can rewrite your contract(s) after you already signed even if it has been more than 10 days.

@LittleBitGoofy successfully did it and it was discussed in the Magical Beginnings thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/current-magical-beginnings-promotion-with-direct.3917550/

They will rewrite but not cancel if the contract is open. It is also at their discretion.

I'd also like to add that when we had our order go through for the most recent round of points they wanted to ensure that the contract would go into closed status by September 11 (when the promotions ended).

Last edited:

Yep, we were fortunate to be able to rewrite during our 90 days split up payment period. That switched us to the newer, better (and current) incentives. We have a great Guide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter