When even the tightest budget doesn't hold up...

I went to the basement today and there was a large pool of water coming from the furnace room. Luckily our basement is unfinished do the clean up was minimal, but I about threw up. I was sure it was the hvac although I am pretty sure we still have some warranty left on it. We had to replace it 5 years ago, about a month after the transmission went out only car and I bought a new one. My husband left work and came home and he believes it's the sump pump. Who knows how old that thing is. So the plumber will be here tomorrow to replace it. All in all it could be worse but my first thought was oh no we won't be able to do xyz!

You guys are the best! :rainbow:

Life has its ways to keep you on your toes though, am I right? Well it so happened that as I was going downtown last Friday I went by the harbor in Stockholm. And guess what...

Disney's Magic was there! :eek: :hyper: :thumbsup2
I was both excited and perhaps a pinch reminded of my situation... but honestly folks, I was super excited to get to see the ship up close! :boat:
Even forced my company to stay longer so I could wave her off as they left in the afternoon. :wave2::umbrella:

I'm feeling your pain too! My DH and I had to postpone 2 alone trips because of our finances with the kids. It will just make it sweeter when you can finally go. The Magic was a sign!:genie:

I feel you on this. In 2016 we planned on doing a long Disney/Universal trip for my 41st birthday. In 2015, my husband lost his job, got a new job, and our budget changed dramatically - I wasn't going to be able to save up the $ for the trip as planned.

We ended up doing a far shorter just-Universal trip in January of 2016 (four days) with what money I had already saved up. It was a nice trip, but certainly not the huge birthday bash I'd been hoping for.

Good luck! You'll get there before you know it! If it is any consolation, DH and I have had to cancel many a trip due to....life! I happens but as long as you keep the faith that you'll make it, you'll do great!

I am sorry :(

I hope you will be able to make it to DLP. There are so many amazing things there!!!

I hope that soon you can go to WDW.

It wasn't a Disney trip,but we cancelled a vacation this year too to stay on budget. I was bummed st first, but we found a cheaper alternative to try that we're all looking forward to (camping). Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter