• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When, if ever, will rental car charges go down for Oct?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I got a midsize from National for 2 weeks in Oct for 293, including all taxes, etc. I used the old DC contract ID and this was the best price I could get. Should I expect to pay less as time goes on? It seems that all the special rates expire before we go, but doesn't the price usually go up as you get closer? Are the lower prices I've been hearing people get recently very very difficult to get? Hellllpppppp...........

The rate you have is not that bad. However, we are finding that best rates at National are coming out about 4 months or less before a time. I would hold, wait, and keep checking as time gets closer.

We booked with Dollar for our trip this past February, and the rate dropped about 4 times (with and without codes) in the last couple weeks before our trip. So keep checking right up til you leave. ~:D~

You have a very good rate and most likely won't see it change much from that. I have 2 weeks, 1 day full size with National using the vacatoin code (10%) plus $15 coupon and the price is $300 total includes all taxes and fees and this is the best price I have gotten since I can remember. We go to WDW 5-6 times a year and always rent a car. This price works out to $103 a week base price for a full size car before taxes/fees. Up until this recent national sale, the base price for a full size was running about $199 a week. I made my ressie through emerald aisle. Of course, if there is a sale you most likely will see a post on this board. National is one of the few (maybe only) that lets you combine discounts (contract code, coupon code, rate code). Last year I think I rented from Dollar at least 4 of my 6 trips to WDW because the base rate at National was so much higher and I got only a fair price with Dollar, not a great price. It never hurts to visit national and punch in the numbers to check your rates. I personnally will only rent from national and dollar (both in the airport terminal) and both have always provided me with excellent cars and service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter