• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is Delta moving into the new terminal at BDL?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know? Strange as it may seem, it might be nice to be able to get the kid's some Happy Meals from the new McDonald's (this is the "World Class" we've all been waiting for?) that supposedly will be in the new terminal before our after lunchtime flight to MCO.

BDL is Bradley's code, the hartford airport.

...Delta moving into a new terminal?? As long as the shuttle bus finds it, I have no problem...

I didn't know Delta was moving either.
Does anyone know what else will be there besides the McDonalds?
Anything is better than the awful restaurant they have there now.
Although I do like the Sam Adams place!!:p

Tell me more! I use Delta at BDL and had no idea they were moving!

Tell me more! I use Delta at BDL and had no idea they were moving!

Muffy,
Don't worry, they won't be going far. All that construction is for a reason and that is to bring that sad excuse for an airport into the 21st century. If you go to their web site they will explain it all in great glowing detail. Let's just hope that idiot that we have as governor does not decide to do something to mess it up.

Let's just hope that idiot that we have as governor does not decide to do something to mess it up.

:teeth: Oh Gail, don't call the grinch that left me without a $57,000/yr state Dept of Education job an idiot! Please don't insult the idiots, they don't deserve it. :teeth:

Oh Gail, don't call the grinch that left me without a $57,000/yr state Dept of Education job an idiot! Please don't insult the idiots, they don't deserve it.

Ok, the buffoon. I am so sorry to hear you are one of the way too many victims. I just want to know one thing from that person, "where did all the money go?".

Anyway, back OT, I am sure the airport will be a lovely addition to the landscape.

We just took a ride down to Bradley on Sunday and the new part doesn't look any where near ready for any body to be moving in too soon. We are flying United next month, and they're supposed to be moving into the new part too.

Hi Dawn - we are from the next town - and are flying from Bradley on Delta in a few weeks. As previous posters mentioned, we had no clue they were moving either and from what you reported, they will still be located right where we have always found them.

BTW Tree of Life, sorry to hear about your job cut at the CT DOE - this is a hard time for so many state employees in both our states. At a time when teachers are needed- they talk of cuts and make them!!!

United is already using some gates in the new terminal at BDL. They will move back to their old gates (I guess some renovation is going on in existing Terminal A). Then Delta, Continental, Northwest and Southwest will move into the brand new terminal sometime this year. In addition to McDonald's there will be at least one newstand and a Brooks Brothers (can't figure that one out!)

Gail, you are so harsh on our poor gov.

Tree, sorry you fell victim to the budget cuts that are needed to reduct the massive deficit. Too bad the union leaders wouldn't allow its members to vote on the wage and benefit concessions that might have saved some jobs. (I gotta say that the state employees have very generous benefits and pensions compared to the private sector.)

Back to the OT - has anybody heard of the move date into the new terminal?

Just an FYI, CT still needs teachers and is not "letting go" of teachers, it is, however, laying off administration. It is a shame when anyone is out of work. I hope the best for all the families going through tough times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter