when life gives you lemons, you fly to Disney for 24 hrs of making lemonade. :)

Pete M

Mouseketeer
so my father's health isn't improving quite as fast as we'd hoped from the pneumonia (still improving though, which is the important part!) and so I had to keep scaling back our long planned Halloween Disney trip from camping in our trailer for a week and a half, to staying in a hotel for a week, to then just 4 days, to eventually canceling and refunding the whole thing. well, almost everything. as y'all know, unlike most Disney stuff, special event party tickets like the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom are not refundable or transferable. BUT I found out they are re-assignable.
:D
so I concocted a plan to double down on the Halloween party's cost with flights/busses/food to take my niece and nephew for a 24hr whirlwind trip to make use of those party tickets.

so with less than 2 weeks to go I reserved the various transportations and then on the day of the party we got up super duper early to drive across Atlanta to start forging some core memories with their first plane ride, first ever Disney experience, first ever driving a car, first ever roller coaster, first ever singing robots, second ever roller coaster, first ever Disney parade (loved it so much they wanted to see the second one too), first ever ibis trying to steal their lunch, first/second/third ride on Pirates, first ever fireworks show, and oh so much more.

best lemonade ever.
:D

tiring though... so very tiring... but worth it. 8-)

so without further delay, I give you my entry for the worlds shortest fly-in Disney vacation. lol

IMG_8886.JPG

my family always takes a pic here with heavy metal mickey each trip so this was a must-do and with only a single day, it had to happen first. :)

IMG_8898.JPG

then for a monorail trip to arrive at MK in style!

IMG_8919.JPG

but as it turned out the monorails were constantly packed with day guests :( so we eventually abandoned that plan and just hoofed it back to MK. I mean, there's no bad way to arrive, so walking works too. :teeth:

IMG_8923.JPG

yup, that's the castle. :)

IMG_9033.JPG

I wanted to make sure that Sonny was their first audioanimatronic because unlike the Pirates, you can stand there in awe and wonder if he can see you. (and yes, I was asked. lol. )

IMG_8937.JPG

She's been talking about this non-stop since I told them we were going so I had to make her very first time driving a car the very first ride of the day. :) this picture hangs on my wall right next to the one of me on my first solo drive many decades ago.

IMG_8980.JPG

second time around (the little guy went with me the first time)

IMG_9004.JPG

people mover time!

IMG_8950.JPG

enjoying their first Dole whip

IMG_9043.JPG

Last edited:
part 2

they got the hang of Buzz pretty quick

IMG_9067.JPG

still a ways to go before they beat their Uncle Pete though. lol. 8-)
when we got home I gave them each one of my old Galactic Hero stickers.

IMG_9059.JPG

technically 7 Dwarfs was the first coaster but I didn't snag a photo. note the "death grip" on the rail before even leaving the station. lol. the little guy's description of 7 dwarfs was: "epic". 8-)

IMG_9077.JPG

they very much enjoyed the pirate band. :)

IMG_9111.JPG

breakfast the next day. first ever Mickey waffles. :teeth:

IMG_9122.JPG

exploring the hotel. I do enjoy wandering the All Stars property. lots of photo ops :)

IMG_9127.JPG

bounced over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to see some animals. and their second ever Mickey bar. a few months back I managed to bring some back to Atlanta with a cooler and dry ice. :)

IMG_9140.JPG

super tired but happy kids waiting for the bus back to the airport. their little brains still processing what on earth just happened. lol. :teeth:

IMG_20231025_123336_602.jpg

IMG_20231025_123345_563.jpg

watching Mickey cartoon shorts on my phone on the way home.

IMG_20231025_191750_455.jpg

a side note, the Dory hat was actually my costume for the party. I don't think I got to wear it even once. lolol

oh, and I'm already working on a longer trip for this winter. 1 day was most certainly not enough, epic though it was. 8-)

Last edited:
I am sure that they will have these memories for the rest of their lives as you will as well. I am glad you and them had a great whirlwind trip! 😊

They seem like the perfect age...old enough to actually do stuff but young enough to be awed by everything. Glad you had some great lemonade. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter